underpinner support

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
markw

underpinner support

Post by markw »

I have a new Cassese CS299m underpinner. Great machine - works well, but it seems that every time I buy a new underpinner the bed gets smaller and the need to support long mouldings with additional stands becomes more pressing. Cassese sell a round table - for what it is, its very expensive - has anyone found the same problem and come up with a reasonably priced solution.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

This is the joining table that we fitted to our Cassese using a 4 x 4 piece of blockboard.

We also have the Cassese rotating table, but minus the five foot diameter table top. We have not been able to source a large enough sheet material from which to cut a disc of this size. You can have it for free Mark, if you collect it.
markw wrote:every time I buy a new underpinner
How many underpinners have you bought Mark?
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Not a very good photo but in the front right hand corner is a euro underpinner sunk into that corner. The workbench is 12 x 6' and provides the support for mouldings.

markw

Post by markw »

Thanks for the replies.

John, I would be over in a flash if I was a bit closer. I only have the one underpinner - but I try and make sure the kit I rely on is fairly new and underpinners I change about every five years. I always had the Euro underpinners and they came with swing out arms - the last Euro didnt have arms but it was a reasonably large bed - the cassese relys upon about 12cms of flat bed and really needs more support. Having had the machine for 2 months I seem to have worked out its strengths and weaknesses - the need for extra support seems to be a weakness that cassese should address as part of the initial installation.
Framing Norah

Post by Framing Norah »

I think that I can see how John's table supports the legs of the frame as they are being pinned. However, I can't quite see how John's table gives support to the two sides in the underpinner. Perhaps John could enlighten me with a diagram, or even another photo. But now that I look again, even John's picture could be a bit clearer. Perhaps a different angle, showing more underpinner and less table?

I must say, of the two workshops, John's looks the tidiest. :D
FN
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

OK.

Perhaps this picture tells the story a bit better.

Admittedly, the joining area does look a bit untidy, however we do take cleanliness very seriously.

The picture below shows one of our glass cleaning operatives at work in the frame assembly area. :D
markw

Post by markw »

Thanks for that John. Do you all wear that kit? - must impress the customers. :)
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Hi John ... Nice Outfits ???
MarkW. Dont worry, at least you will not need the hair net !!
Tee Hee
John GCF