Machine Maintainence

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Machine Maintainence

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi All, (Especialy to those in Northern Ireland / Eire, or to those willing to travel from the mainland)

My wife, Sharon-Lee has been asked by a couple of Guild members to try and provide a 'dedicated' talk / demonstration on machine maintainence for a Branch meeting? The machines invloved are Morso, straightline mountcutter, and underpinner.

Now, before anyone gets at me, I do know how to keep my machines in tip top condition, but we all have out own wee quirks, etc. to get optimum performance out of our personal machines, BUT when it comes to full servicing, etc. it can get a little more invloved that basic maintainence, so is there anyone out there that knows these type of machines (inside out) and is willing to come to a Branch meeting and give a little talk? Tea and sticky buns will be provided. The meeting is on October 14th 2004.

Also, any Oil / Acrylic Restorers / Cleaners willing to give a demo and talk, your services would be greatly appreciated? Let me know by ringing (from the 19th July) 028 9269 3807 or 077333 670322

These Branch meetings are open to non-members and their friends / staff, as well as members, everyone is more than welcome, just telephone the same numbers as above.

Talk soon,
Steven
SquareFrames
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Organisation: The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
Interests: Philately, Darts, Beer Making, Photography, Golf

Re: Machine Maintainence

Post by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF »

SquareFrames wrote:......My wife, Sharon-Lee has been asked by a couple of Guild members to try and provide a 'dedicated' talk / demonstration on machine maintainence for a Branch meeting? The machines invloved are Morso, straightline mountcutter, and underpinner....
Steven,

Thanks for your email to me directly last week. I was out of the country, actually in Northern Ontario on a fishing outing, so laptops and mobile phones were also useless! :D

I will respond to your email directly, and hope that I can somehow visit Northern Ireland and Eire in the near future. As you know, I'm at the Spring Fair each February for Fletcher-Terry and did also attend the FATG Awards Banquet in the Spring 2003. Hopefully I can tie a trip over to one of your Branch meetings and conduct a program.

(Sarah and I were actually in Southport, England last month for her brother's wedding.......It only rained once in 12 days.)

A two or three person panel would probably serve your subject matter well.....I could very easily handle your mountcutters and Morsø portions adequately. We'll talk about this I'm sure.

Regards,

John
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
430 E Northland Ave
Appleton, WI 54911-2127 USA

Member: FATG & PPFA
The Frame Workshop
John Ranes Picture Framer Blog
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Maintainance

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi John,

Fishing! Its well for you. Oh for a day without phones, computers, and the wife!!!!!!

I was actually introduced to you at the Guild dinner in 2003, but only fleeting. Hope to talk soon. Hey, its always rains in Southport, as far as I am aware.

Talk soon

Steven
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre
Robin Carter

Southport

Post by Robin Carter »

Excuse me! I have lived in Southport for 16 years now. The weather is usually very good as we have a "micro climate" You can often stand on the beach, in brilliant sunshine, and watch a horsehoe of cloud further inland, (where the hills start) Now Preston, where my business is, is a different matter. Always wet (or seemingly so) but it keeps the customers out of their gardens and in the shops! So it's not all bad!

Robin