Framer needed in Pinner

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
RobinC

Framer needed in Pinner

Post by RobinC »

Hi,

I have to send a fairly expensive limited edition print to a purchaser in Pinner. The customer has given me an idea of the frame he would like - double mount and a thinnish, flat profile solid aluminium frame. As the print is now sold out at the publisher, and has a published price of £1,250, I am concerned about sending it framed as if the frame is damaged in transit, and the print is damaged it will be very difficult to replace.

So, despite the fact that I hate losing the framing side of this sale, is there any framer close to Pinner that I could recommend this customer to use. The print will need conservation quality mounting. I will then send the unframed print to the customer with the recommendations I receive.

Many Thanks

RobinC
Roboframer

Re: Framer needed in Pinner

Post by Roboframer »

Don't lose the sale!

A well packaged ali frame shouldn't be a problem - far far tougher than wood, just use acrylic instead of glass, and for something of this value, make it UV acrylic. (did you know that Artshield UV which is abrasion resistant, is cheaper per sq metre from Glass & Mirror than the non-UV version)?
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

and then Packaframe it - www.packaframe.co.uk
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

We usually do use UV acrylic glazing on all frames we ship, I am just concerned at how thin a frame the customer has specified.

If I have a couple of local framers to recommend I will give the customer the choice.

The print is one of Bob Dylans Drawn Blank series which have been our best selling images for the last couple of years, sadly coming to an end now.

The pack a frame looks interesting - we usually reuse packaging used by our suppliers, supplimented with plenty of bubblewrap -touch wood - we have not had any problems yet and have sent pictures all over the world.

Thanks for your commenst Grahame,

Robin
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

packaframe tried and tested here, artwork to Canada, Australia, France and Norn Ireland fully glazed all arrived safely.
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

I know of one co. in UK
£5 million t/o
Every framed pic is despatched by carrier, and some even go overseas.
So it must be possible to frame it your self and send.
Just have to pack it right :)
Dont lose the sale!
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

Thanks for your comments - we have sent out quite a lot of frames in wooden moulding, but not in Ally frames - I am not a big fan of aluminium frames.

I will persuade the customer to accept Artscreen and send it myself.

Regards

RobinC
mitretight
Organisation: ....
Interests: Squash, Tennis, Cooking, Drinking.

Post by mitretight »

Hi RobinC

If you need help, I am about 20 mins drive from Pinner. You could, send the Aluminium frame, Dylan Print and one of your Company stickers to me, I will assemble frame, cut mount etc. finish frame and deliver on your behalf. Just a thought!

Give me a call on 07803 271063 if interested.
TONY.W
Organisation: Branch Manager.Lion South PFS
Interests: Music,Playing the guitar and football

Post by TONY.W »

Try Ruislip Frames in Ruislip high st.
Speak to Mick who owns the Gallery.He does excellent work.
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

Thanks very much for your replies - I think the customer is going to opt for artscreen glazing so we will be sending the picture for him. If he decides to have it framed locally I'll pass your details onto him.

Thanks Again,

Robin