Valentines day

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
markw

Valentines day

Post by markw »

I always seem to be too late to catch any relevant business for Valentines day - not this year. I shall be putting together a window display - cutting some appropriate mounts for small readymades and generally trying to get my act together - anybody have some tips for things that have worked for them?
patrickleeland

Post by patrickleeland »

Do you have a CMC? If so you could cut some hearts that fit in readymade frames, or scrap frames. You could try to push something like get a frame of you and your honey for Valentines day. Forget the flowers they shall pass but a framed photo will last a lifetime.

???

PL
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

I'll find and dust off all the heart shaped mounts we did last year for last Valentines Day, maybe they'll go better this year lol ;)

Good time to dispaly some framed wedding photography etc.
Lemon_Drop

Post by Lemon_Drop »

I did the heart shaped mounts also last year, and they went really well. A customer had see some of the fall outs from the mount and asked me how much they were, I was going to bin them anyway. I seems that shes a florist and wanted them for flower bouquets for Valintine's Day. She sanded off the sharp cuts and stuck them on a stick and use them. There seems to be a use for everything, all it takes it meeting the right person.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I was thinking I might get some heart shaped mounts cut to order from one one my suppliers, who has a CMC. Does anyone have any experience of what sizes go well?

As it happens, I have a large plastic storage box of 3.5" x 5" clip & bar strutbacks. They don't owe me anything and I've got hundreds of them and plenty of slow moving moulding, which doesn't owe my anything either. To date, I've never tried selling anything that small. I've just assumed they're too small. Anyone know otherwise?
Cheers,
Mark
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Being next to a florist we do OK on Valentines day - but we learn from the florist - real flowers must be the biggest thing sold, next, to cards - we do cards. Bought in and made in-house!

Little things that mean a lot, but briefly - just until you light the cigarette really!*

One year I did a great Adam Barsby window for Valentines day "Love's Journey' 'Love's' this and that ltd edns, bronzes - sold zip. But they all went at Christmas!!

*Do you smoke after sex? Personally I've never looked.

(Sorry)
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

A quiet day, so could not resist having a play.......

So easy on a CMC. The cards are bent using the 'V' groove cut.
6" x 4" selling for £2.00 each.
John GCF
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi John,

That's impressive! Definately the business! Having seen that, I'm gonna have to speak to my supplier with the CMC and get something done for my window. Even if they don't sell, it will still be a great way of promoting the business.

Mark
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

there's always crufts... ;)