PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Big Ada
Organisation: Stourbridge
Interests: Photography, Picture Framing, Football, Golf and Fishing

Identifying A Moulding

Post by Big Ada »

Hi everyone,

I've had a client request to match an existing moulding . I've searched all my books to find it and have a guess what no joy, so I'm sure someone on this great forum can help. The moulding is a smooth matt black and is 65mm wide, the customer has told me he purchased the frame which has a original Michael Godard piece in it on a cruise ship, the client has obtained a print in the same collection and obviously wants the mounts, moulding to match.

Help always appreciated.

Adrian
P1000766.JPG
P1000766.JPG (193.87 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
P1000764.JPG
P1000764.JPG (140.5 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Re: Identifying A Moulding

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Was it a UK based cruise ship? If so then it may originate from Whitewall Galleries who have a presence on a number of cruise ships. In which case the moulding probably originates from Enrique Lopez who do import into the UK through this company http://www.jdhmouldings.co.uk/ but you may have to buy a large quantity.

I have in the past dealt with customers who have made purchases on cruises in the caribbean and these ships have been US based.

Good luck.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Big Ada wrote:I've searched all my books to find it
Which ones? If we know that, we'll know which catalogues aren't worth searching because you already have.
Big Ada
Organisation: Stourbridge
Interests: Photography, Picture Framing, Football, Golf and Fishing

Post by Big Ada »

Hi,

Sorry the catalogues I've searched are Lion, Simons and Mainline, If it can't be matched can anyone suggest a close match, even if I suggest re-framing the original to match the new or will that de-value the original because I now its worth around £300.

Thanks
Adrian
easypopsgcf
Organisation: home
Interests: cars

Post by easypopsgcf »

Cant help with the id but re framing it wont de-value it, might even add some value lol