View New Posts

Site announcements
Problems/suggestions/Questions
Tim
Organisation: Deepwell Framing
Interests: Photography, Growing it, Cooking it, Eating it. Sauvignon Blanc. Syrah.

View New Posts

Post by Tim »

When I log onto the forum, I usually just click on 'View New Posts' to see what's been happening. Once I've gone to a particular thread however, I need to click on 'Board Index' again in order to get the view new posts option again. Have I missed a setting that would allow me to have this option permanently available on the banner somewhere? (Like the FAQ/Logout links?)

Cheers

Tim
Youth and experience are no match for age and treachery...
Graysalchemy

Re: View New Posts

Post by Graysalchemy »

Good point I'm always having to go back to the main index, which I find annoying especially when you are using a slow mobile device.
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

just click the back button in your browser out of the post and you will be back to the list of new posts
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Post by JohnMcafee »

Even better, use the tabs on your browser.

Keep the 'View Unread posts result in the first tab, and create a new tab window for each item by wheel-clicking (or ctrl-clicking) on the little orange square to the left of each topic title. That way you will never miss any new post, and you can keep open the tabs of the threads to wish you may wish to contribute, and close the rest after reading.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)