Duck tape hinges!

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Duck tape hinges!

Post by Not your average framer »

It's not every day I see something I've never seen before, but I did today. The subject was a very nice looking photograph of Broom in Australia, but then I un-did the wraping and found it had been hinged all round with little pieces of Duck tape or Gaffer tape. You know it's that tape which will fix anything. Obviously not a reversible hinging method. It was not fun removing it!
Cheers,
Mark
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Dermot

Post by Dermot »

How to Make a Duct Tape Picture Frame

Supplies:
Duck® brand duct tape
Scissors
Ruler
Picture to frame
Optional: colored duct tape, stickers, string, decorative buttons and magnet strips

Step 1:
Make two double-sided strips that are each 3-3/4 inches long:

Cut a strip of duct tape to the recommended length for the project.
Lay it sticky side up on your work surface.
Cut another strip of the same length. Place it sticky side down, directly on the first strip, matching up all edges.

Step 2:
Make two double-sided strips that are each 9-1/2 inches long.

Step 3:
Form the frame with the strips by placing the short pieces in between the long side pieces.

Step 4:
Cut four 1-inch long strips. Use them to tape the frame together where the long and short pieces meet.

Step 5:
Flip the frame over. Cut two strips of duct tape, each 9 inches long.

Step 6:
Place one strip directly over the short side of the frame. Fold extra tape onto the back.

Step 7:
Repeat Step 6 on the opposite short side.

Step 8:
Flip the frame over. Center the picture, face down, over the frame’s window.

Step 9:
Cut two 9-inch strips. Use them to tape the picture onto the frame on the long sides.

Options:
Add magnetic strips to make a refrigerator or locker magnet; decorate with stickers, buttons or markers; attach a string to the back for a hanging picture; make a standing picture frame by taping a piece of cardboard onto the back; create a puzzle for your best friend using school photos.

* Adapted with permission from Got Tape? Roll Out the Fun With Duct Tape!, by Ellie Schiedermayer, published by Krause Publications, Iola, WI, www.krausebooks.com, phone: 800-258-0929.

###

Henkel Consumer Adhesives, Inc.
32150 Just Imagine Drive
Avon, OH 44011-1355