This is your life

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Roboframer

This is your life

Post by Roboframer »

Thought I'd make something representing an old TV set.

The star of the show is the (late) best selling authoress Lena Kennedy - my wife's first husband's mother - that's my stepson holding the lamb (Very long story) - he's 31 on Tuesday and will be getting this. He'll hate it. :D
this is your life.jpg
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: This is your life

Post by Steve N »

Very effective Robo, nice job.

Steve
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
silvercleave
Organisation: thought I was
Interests: Working to put food on table

Post by silvercleave »

Hey Robo, is that what they call thinking outside the box?? :giggle:

Ian
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I was going to put a walnut veneered mount slip about 2" around the 'screen' with the 'knobs' (remember them? Left hand large one was on/off/volume, right hand large one was channels - 4 clicks max - and the inner small ones were brightness & contrast) inside that and then cut and 'V' groove some speakers, legs and an indoor ariel. Couldn't be arsed in the end though.

This was after the days of that type of TV though - it was 1984 - my wife swears - but it was first aired in April 86. Apparently there's no archive at the TV station, but we have a (very poor quality) video which we must get digitised - or whatever the correct word is for transferring to a disc/hard drive.