Point Drivers

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Omer 53 is what I have too - now all set up, bar final securing of the airline. Took about 20 mins to route the airline, cut it and insert the push in 'T' junction and the pressure regulator.

The adaptor (from screw in to push in where the coiled airline joins the straight one from the regulator) and the pressure gauge on the regulator, which arrives loose and screws in to the regulator, needed plumbers tape (that's not what it's called - forget the correct name) to make the seal airtight

How have I survived for all these years without a pneumatic point gun?!

Not much point in posting photos, but I will if anyone wants (once I've tidied up the airline with cable hooks or something - the wals are flint!)

It's quite simple, cut airline from compressor to underpinner (after draining or isolating!) insert push on 'T' junction - push line from compressor in one end and to underpinner in the other and your new arline in the centre. Route airline, decide where regulator goes, cut and push the cut ends in to each side of the regulator, which will need push on adaptors (these came with plumbers tape already on)

There is an 'in' and 'out' socket on the regulator - unfortunately the 'in' side for me was the opposite side to where my underpinner is, so had to make a loop in the airline. Connect coiled airline (with gun already connected to the other end) to the line coming from the regulator and you are set.

Before turning on, adjust your compressor to the minimum for your gun, turn on, set the in-line regulator to zero pressure, re-adjust your compressor to max, or your compressor's usual max setting, then adjust the inline regulator to your guns recommended setting.

4 bar works great for everything so far, but it will take 6.

Points fired with the manual guns, rigid or flexi, I can remove by hand, flexible ones very easily. Tools required for both (flexi and semi-rigid) with this gun. (Rigid is a separate gun, but thinking of getting the 'repeater' for war games!)
markw

Post by markw »

John - do you also use your compressed air to blow clean before assembly?

(I'm now thinking how that sentence can be misconstrued).
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I don't have the gun for that, but will get one, plus a stapler.
ImagesLen

Post by ImagesLen »

I use an Omar tab gun and have done for the past 5 years. Calculated to tabbed approximately 15000 frames with flexipoints. To keep it operational make sure you keep the tab feed shute clear of residual film used to keep the tabs together and occasionally a light squirt of WD40 down the air hose entry to keep the hammer lubricated.
In addition there is an Omar gun that fires and flattens the tab against the backboard in a 2 operation process. I know a framer that has one and he loves it.
Our business network all have Omar (40 in total) and only one hammer failure so far.