Missing images?

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Missing images?

Post by David McCormack »

Looks like all Roboframer's photos & images have all disappeared from his posts?

A real shame as his posts are very informative for framers who have much to learn (like me). Photos make a real difference when explaining how to do something. :(
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Re: Missing images?

Post by Jonny2morsos »

I have not checked myself but if so then that is a great shame as John (Robo') was so generous in sharing his expertise.

Losing this devalues the forum (IMHO).
huntvambo
Organisation: Framed
Interests: Music, cycling, drinking, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

Post by huntvambo »

Jonny2morsos wrote:Losing this devalues the forum (IMHO).
Couldn't agree more, the forum is a poorer place without Robo's contributions :(
Steve Goodall
Organisation: Wessex Pictures Group
Interests: Gothic Punk / Man City / Photography...

Post by Steve Goodall »

Robo sent me a a lengthy PM last week, where amongst other things he said that he had disabled all his own links himself - before anyone suspects foul play. Also - incase you are unaware - he is not banned - just not posting - it was news to me - maybe news to you too...

Come on Robo - I know you are looking in every day - please give us a few words of wisdom from Angmering :D
Your too late I'm afraid - I retired in April 2024 :sun:
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

actually steve, robo told me today that actually he has been perm banned from the site now
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Actually Steve - that is news to me too - not what he told me last week - but the tone of his pm suggested it was likely to happen - one very angry puppy...
AllFramed
Organisation: AllFramed
Interests: Framing, Photography, The Clarets, Chateau Musar

Post by AllFramed »

Well then I guess that makes us all losers here and this a dumb place. Sort your differences out guys. Life is too short....
There's more to the picture, than meets the eye. Hey hey, my my.
Jb1
Organisation: START UP
Interests: Fine Art, Ceramics

Post by Jb1 »

Shame about Robo but from what I saw of his posts he did often live by the sword and losing his posts is a loss but it was his bat his ball just not allowed to play on this field! This forum is a duller place without him
misterdiy
Organisation: Decormount
Interests: Picture framing, mount-cutting, photoshop et al

Post by misterdiy »

If it is true that Robo has been banned then it is a travesty and will help to undo all the good work that contributors to the forum have made. Robo has sorted out many issues for me on the forum and Mrs D, who has never posted on the forum in her life, continually asks me if Robo is back because she misses the anecdotes.

With the FF live event coming up later in the year, there is a lot riding on the credibility of the forum as a force for the picture framing industry and by losing/banning major contributors for what looks like a difference of opinion is suicidal IMO. If suppliers see that contributions and thus traffic to the site is diminishing then they will weigh up the costs and benefits of attending these events and therefore the the FF could die.

I hope I am wrong on this because the forum is a valuable tool for the picture framing industry and for it to be lost would be an irreplaceable loss. The cynics might say that this situation would only benefit one organisation. :?:

perhaps site admin might like to tell us exactly what the situation is??
iantheframer
Organisation: is not my greatest talent!
Interests: photography

Post by iantheframer »

I think that Robo was such a part of this forum, that there should be at least a difinitive statement from admin as to whether he is banned or not. if he chooses not to participate anymore that is of course a different matter and for him alone to decide
Ian
REM
Organisation: Image Saved
Interests: Natural world, Hill walking, Photography, Photoshop, Rock & Folk music.

Post by REM »

I wholeheartedly agree with iantheframer's comments. Robo's contributions have helped me no end in setting up my business, and feel someone who has contributed so much to this Forum should have thing's explained properly.

REM
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I can can wholeheartedly express my own gratitude to Roboframer for all the help he has been to me over the many years I have been on this forum. I am very sad that he is no longer on this forum. His contributions and his willingness to spend so much time helping others was tremendous.

I was not on line when the events which started all of this were happening and I am not seeking to get involved in any way which would mean taking sides. In fact I'm hoping that in time I might be able to help restore and mend the outcome of what has happened and maybe one day see Roboframer return. At this time, this appears to be too difficult, but who knows.

My understanding is that Roboframer chose not to continue on the forum, following the ending of his original ban and that Roboframer was permanently banned following his removal of his images from the forum and I understand that this was precautionary and due to concern about any future unpredictable actions. Again I was not involved and wish to remain neutral, but I am sure that this has been a great sadness to all concerned.

I don't know where we go from here, but I for one, still hope that one day Roboframer may return. I think that even now there is still a way for him to come back, but time will tell.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Keadyart
Interests: Art,Photography,Horse racing,my Irish terrier Tara

Post by Keadyart »

:shock: :(
Haven't been about for a while and return to this bombshell-

Thanks for all you help in the past Robo.(I always felt as if I knew you even though I didn't)
Won't be the same without you.

Brian
David McCormack
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Post by David McCormack »

Thanks for explaining Mark.

I hope Roboframer does decide to come back but, in the meantime, I will continue to learn from all the other excellent contributors on this forum :D
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
Not your average framer
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

misterdiy wrote:With the FF live event coming up later in the year, there is a lot riding on the credibility of the forum as a force for the picture framing industry
Maybe not everyone knows this, but the FF live event is a separate organisation and is independantly run by a committee who happen to be members of the forum. Yes, there is an association, but it is fully independant.
misterdiy wrote:If suppliers see that contributions and thus traffic to the site is diminishing then they will weigh up the costs and benefits of attending these events and therefore the the FF could die.
I think we can all rest assured that this will not be happening. The FF live event is going from strength to strength and is attracting exhibitors who will not be at the Spring fair this year. It meets the specific need for an independant UK framing event. I don't think that looks like an event which is at risk.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

David McCormack wrote:I hope Roboframer does decide to come back but, in the meantime, I will continue to learn from all the other excellent contributors on this forum :D
Here - Here David!!!

Well said - Let's all make the effort to contribute a little more - so come on you "lurkers"...

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the forum :clap:

Robo was a unique article - but the forum belongs to us all - so don't be shy - or you'll let it die!!!

Robo single handedly contributed 10% of all forum activity - that means there is another 90% contributed by all the other folk - you can make of that what you will...

I may even start talking of the virtues of wheat starch paste - but don't bank on it :giggle:
Not your average framer

I'll be contributing some hand finishing examples during the next few weeks.

I'll tell you what though, some of those who first came on as newbies, are now old hands and posting some really high calibre stuff. There's a lot of framers on here with real talent and a passion for what they do! Not only that, but some of those who I responded to and helped with advice, are posting really great ideas and I learn from them as well.
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Steve Goodall wrote:
I may even start talking of the virtues of wheat starch paste - but don't bank on it :giggle:
You do that and I will wax lyrical about mylar and rare earth magnets :giggle: . I may even post up this weeks production tally tomorrow.
Not your average framer

:D

You see he won you over in the end!
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer

There's still a few verbal pictures left!

http://theframersforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... mers+blues
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer