Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Carriers

Post by Framerpicture »

We are sending more and more by carrier to our customers.
We have been using Parcels2Go but having spent another morning tracing a missing parcel I think its time to give up on them.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks

Will
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

we are currently seeking carriers too, Citylink seem not to want to do business with us. Still waiting for DHL to get back to us too.

was approached by www.expressworldwide.co.uk recently. all looks a bit dodgy though.
Paul Hardy

Post by Paul Hardy »

Interlink have been OK for us.

Paul Hardy
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

I use Interlink in Ireland and DPD/GEOPOST/DHL....for Europe...

Interlink, DPD, DHL are all part of the GEOPOST group........which in turn is owned by the German post office....
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

have been using DHL rather successfully for some time now.

Yesterday I had three items needing to be shipped out rather urgently,

got them all wrapped up and phone in for pick up.

I hang up the phone for phoning in the collection for the third parcel and the DHL courier was coming in the door to collect them... now that is service.

not had any problems with them so far :), Lets just hope i labelled the three prints i sent correctly. :-) otherwise someone in Belfast is getting a Helen Bradley they didn't anticipate.
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

We used Parcels2 go successfully for a couple of years. In December they managed to damage a mounted Gary Hodges print, despite it being packed between 2 pieces of hardboard and AF board to protect it. They have a compensation claim system that is designed to confuse. They send an email asking for information to be sent to them and in small print at the bottom of the email it says that emails sent to the reply address are not read. When we called up we were told they cannot reply to compensation queries over the phone, and there was no one who could discuss the claim. Eventually they told me the claim had been closed as I had not replied to an email I had not received. I replied to them to say that they had saved themselves £80 in compensation but they had lost not only me as a customer, but I would also take every opportunity to recommend that other people should use any carrier except Parcels2go.

I am still looking for an alternative, Interparcel have been good up to now - the problem is until we have a problem we will not know how good their customer service really is.

Robin
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

ANC. highly recommended.
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

just got off the phone from DHL "i'm sorry sir we do not take glass items"

me "yes but you did last week... and they are supremely well wrapped"

them "oh but we don't accept glass, our insurance wont cover it"

so im going with parcelforce for this one.

Needless to say i'll be phoning up DHL the next time and play the daft laddie... i have an account for a reason.. and my account manager assured me they would take glass..
zanart

Post by zanart »

HI

WE use a company called Fastway Couriers which is a nationwide franchise.

You have to buy, in advance, books of postage stickers. They are charged at £5.95 each & £7.95 each. The £5.95 stamp will get you a whole list of post code areas, the £7.95 stamp will get you the rest of the UK. The minimum purchase is 20 of each stamp, although the price does drop if you buy books of 50 stamps.

I believe the weight limit is around 25-30kg and they will take 48" x 36" packaged frames - so size isn't as issue.

Your main contact is directly with the franchised driver - call him and he will come and collect.

Once you get over the initial outlay the saving are huge compared to other courier companies we have used. It is also very easy to use.

We have only been using them for a few months but have had no problems with damage or late deliveries.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

I use Fastway over here. PITA having to shell out for the book of tickets, but very good service. It's a while since I got my last booklet, but they said at the time that they give better prices for higher volume customers.
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.