Seeking Crescent 'Copley Gray' 1185 in Australia

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
studioassistant
Organisation: Artists' studios
Interests: Art

Seeking Crescent 'Copley Gray' 1185 in Australia

Post by studioassistant »

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum.
I discovered this site primarily whilst trying to track down a discontinued colour of Crescent mat board. However it is quite an informative and well frequented forum, so I think I will hang around if that is ok with you all!

Down to business:
I am after 'Copley Gray' 1185 - a discontinued colour from the Ragmat Museum series.
If anyone has it in stock, in Australia, please let me know.

Cheers!

Tom
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Re: Seeking Crescent 'Copley Gray' 1185 in Australia

Post by Keith Hewitt »

G'day Tom :D
Welcome to this wonderful forum
Hope you find the Crescent board - have you asked the local distributor - they should be able to tell you who they have sold some to in your area

OZ is a kinda big country - which part are you from?

I have a well known Aussie coming to stay with me in 1 week - he is mad about Stoke City FC and drags :lol: me there to watch the last match of the season. It's Glenn from All States
Attachments
Glenn Munday at Stoke FC (2) email.JPG
Glenn Munday at Stoke FC (2) email.JPG (65.61 KiB) Viewed 2736 times
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
Frank
Organisation: Profile Magazine
Interests: Music

Post by Frank »

Keith, I expect another photo of you guys at the big game for Profile magazine. See if you can top the last one!
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Post by JohnMcafee »

Hi studioassistant.

Welcome to the forum.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

Frank wrote:Keith, I expect another photo of you guys at the big game for Profile magazine. See if you can top the last one!
Hi Frank,

Providing Stoke score its a doddle, other wise only pic I want to use is Glenn setting a rack of lamb on fire on the barbie - told me I'm an expert with a barbie. Then had the nerve to blame my barbie ! :head:

The game we go to is same day as the F.A.T.G. Mean Lean & Celibate :giggle: meeting so I will sadly miss it this year. I do encourage you to go - if you dont go you will never know what you missed
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
prospero

Post by prospero »

Welcome studioassistant. :D

That colour was the only one of the Crescent rag range I ever used. Nice subtle brown. Probably not bought any for 20 years. Not that it would be much good if I still had some. :roll:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
studioassistant
Organisation: Artists' studios
Interests: Art

Post by studioassistant »

Thanks all for the welcome!
Keith Hewitt wrote:G'day Tom :D
Welcome to this wonderful forum
Hope you find the Crescent board - have you asked the local distributor - they should be able to tell you who they have sold some to in your area

OZ is a kinda big country - which part are you from?
Hi Keith,
Thanks.
I am based in Sydney.
I might try and ask the distributor, good idea, though I am a little underwhelmed with their service - so won't keep my hopes up ;)
Cheers!

Frank wrote:Keith, I expect another photo of you guys at the big game for Profile magazine. See if you can top the last one!
Hi Frank,
I was impressed by a few magazines I came across a few years ago, and so finally I went back to the profile magazine website to subscribe, but left with the impression that it may not be in circulation anymore - the website looked the same as when I last visited it over a year ago. Not criticising, but just saying - other people may get the same impression. If it is still in action I will certainly subscribe.
prospero wrote:Welcome studioassistant. :D

That colour was the only one of the Crescent rag range I ever used. Nice subtle brown. Probably not bought any for 20 years. Not that it would be much good if I still had some. :roll:
Yeah it is a nice colour, and unfortunately ;) it is just the colour I need for a specific job. I have looked through many colour ranges from various companies, but I can't find anything close to this one. Ultimately I guess I will have to find a substitute.
Generally though I use Rising Museum board exclusively, infact I rarely use any colour at all.
Frank
Organisation: Profile Magazine
Interests: Music

Post by Frank »

Must admit we don't pay as much attention to the web site as we could. Or should. But we certainly are still in 'Action'.