Canvas and TV

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Canvas and TV

Post by IFGL »

Here is a publicity shot from a new gallery we have framed the pictures for, this one is a giclee canvas and sold for £1450 the day after it was hung.
and also a mock up of a job I'm about to do for a customer who seems very exited about having his TV framed, not my cup of tea at all, but then again it won't be hanging on my wall.
The moulding is Simons SARD/0005 on both, the canvas has a 35 mm black scoop slip.
Attachments
Kush.PNG
Kush.PNG (473.74 KiB) Viewed 4118 times
tv.jpg
tv.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 4118 times
Vix

Re: Canvas and TV

Post by Vix »

I was chatting to a company last year who actually manufacture frames for televisions. Their system comprises of a framed canvas print which can be pulled down over the tv when not in use like a roller blind and so gives the appearance of a framed picture.

I've also seen them done with two way mirrors in them so that they look like a normal framed mirror when the tv's not on.

Suppose that they will have their uses for the more fashion concious customers who don't want to spoil the aesthetics of their living space with an unsightly television, but can't see it really catching on.
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

Was it an American company with the pull down blind idea?I only ask because I scanned a picture of an old fashioned race car that was being used for the same thing in A
America.
Vix

Post by Vix »

No it's a British company down near Cheltenham. They have a system of brackets which fix to the wall, TV and frame and they print the canvas's to your own picture or have ready made images to choose from.

I think they have some quite well known stores taking their product - Selfridges seems to come to mind but I still think they're a bit of a gimmick that won't really catch on.