a word of Dermot.............

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

a word of Dermot.............

Post by JFeig »

I hope that some of your are friends of Dermot and will forgive me for forwarding this posting on The Grumble US...... about an hour ago.

Not the best Fathers day.....that I have ever had.........

As some of you will know my Dad has not been very well, he went into a long term care nursing home in February.

I told my mother that I would bring her to see him for Fathers day and that we would then go to my house for late lunch/early dinner.

I had put on my best suite and tie as a Fathers day gift from me to Dad as he always wore a tie even when he did the garden.............he was a very smart dresser..........

We arrived at the nursing home to find an ambulance there in the drive way, it turned out that it was for my Father.......he had taking a very bad turn.......we learned at the Hospital that it was a major brain bleed with no hope of intervention.

We are now spending our last hours and at best days with Dad.........Mum is doing OK and is happy that she was with him as he went to the Hospital............it hard for her after losing our sister only a few weeks ago.....

I just came home to change my cloths and clean up a bit and will go back to the Hospital shortly.

A tough time but extraordinarily a very peaceful time............my Dad had a good life and we are all with him to give him a good send off and to celebrate his life..............one of my sisters is routing back from Portugal but should get here in time.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Thanks Jerry - Dermot is a friend I have yet to meet.

Thinking of you Dermot.
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Dad passed away very peacefully at 4.40am (Irish time) this morning.....

When Dad used to leave the house for years he would say “see you now then”...........you could almost sense that he was saying that as he passed ............I know that he is in a wonderful place ....he had a very deep and profound belief in his faith.

Thanks you for your very king thoughts.

Dermot