Managing the Shop

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Grahame Case

Managing the Shop

Post by Grahame Case »

Muahahahaha, my plans for taking over the business have edged one step closer to reality.

Mother is currently in the local Bupa 5 star hotel Hospital recovering from a hip operation, which went well, but will leave her pretty much disabled for the next 2-3 months or more.

so i have been thrown in charge of the business and framing operations.

luckily we are experiencing a slow down, so we can cope without her.. but that doesn't stop us having a three week turnaround due to demand, staff holidays, and lack of properly qualified people to help out.

i'm also going on the softly softly approach to major changes in the shop, Card making materials ( which have just died a death this year - gone the way of the cheap ornaments we had) have been penned into their designated section on the wall (they had grown). and more framed pictures ( which are selling at a crazy rate) have been introduced, along with craft kits that came off at christmas.

i also have a real problem now.. i've had a request for TRUVUE cons. clear, but we don't actually stock it. and our proposed supplier hasn't made any indication of when they will be running a van, or if they will be running a van up to Edinburgh from Darlington. so i guess i need to find somewhere that can give us a good deal on it.

Do Britannia ship direct?
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

We wish your mum a speedy recovery Grahame.

While convalescing, she will be able to while away the time, posting on the forum. :)