Credit Card Theft

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Manor Fine Arts

Credit Card Theft

Post by Manor Fine Arts »

A customer of mine was paying for his framing order, and he related how his wife was in Boston on holidays, he said she phoned him the day before and told him someone had stolen her credit card, the customer told me he was not going to report the theft, as the thief is spending less than his wife.
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Post by Bill Henry »

I know you’re being facetious, but several years ago my wife and I were vacationing (on holiday) in Florida when, because of some miscommunication one of our bags was not loaded into the trunk (boot) of our rental car (i.e. she screwed up!).

Some enterprising woman named Juanita Vasquez found a back up credit card in the bag and went on a shopping spree racking up over $1200 on clothes and yachting accessories (no fooling).

We didn’t discover the loss until we had retuned home and was notified by our credit card company. We were absolved from any loss, but the irritating thing was that the bank chose not to pursue the thief. They had her image taken by a store camera making a transaction and she was known to the police in Orlando. Apparently, though, rather than prosecute the crime, they just chalked it up as a cost of doing business, and, of course, simply raised the interest rates for the rest of us.

Of course the idiot clerks at the stores have to shoulder some of the blame. Even with the wildest stretch of the imagination, I don’t look anything like a Juanita.
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine