The Spring Fair

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: The Spring Fair

Post by IFGL »

I would love a copy Keith, this is something I am aiming to visit next year.
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

Darren,
In the post Monday
If you want to know more about the show, where to stay, costs just PM, or better still phone me.
Keith
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

Post by DEEPJOY »

Hi All

I may go on Wednesday, will I be on my 'Jack Jones' ?
nickhood
Organisation: Hook Framing
Interests: Gardening.local history

Post by nickhood »

Just got back from Spring fair, same people there with the exception of Arqadia, Simons stand looked bigger than last year though they had a lot more machinery, Wessex about the same as last year and Lion a little larger. All the major CMC were there with some giant machines. I spent a good half an hour talking to The Fine art Trade Guild people and ran into Peter Stanlick from Framers Equipment. Adam the framer, did i see you limp by, i tried to catch your eye but you were off at the speed of light heading to the Lion stand. Hope you recover from your op soon.
Nick
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

We visited the NEC today, visiting both Simons and Lion stands. I know that Wessex were there somewhere, but I could not spot where they were. Sorry guys!

Vee my wife stayed at home, but Nick who is one of my two staff members came along instead. Considering the fact that Vee was not with me, I think I was quite constrained in my buying activities this at this Spring Fair.

Lion have added the Hoffman router to their range. Nick & I have decided that we must buy one as soon as I have saved up the £875. It's far more than just a nice toy and we don't think it will take long to make back the cost of purchase. If anyone else has not seen a Hoffman router before it's well worth a demo, this could be one of those must have's for quite a few framers.

Besides wanting the Hoffman router, we make custom display boxes, cabinets and other unusual things for customers and this leads to some interesting construction methods. For this reason, we plan to buy both the Hoffman machine and a separate router, router table and Hoffman router bit to enable us to implement butt joints as well as the normal mitre joints.

Perhaps Lion might be able to create an additional attachment to make this possible on the normal Hoffman router, so that you don't need an extra set up to do this! (Hint, hint) :wink:

We also liked some new and interesting mouldings from Simons, particularly the Ottowa, Arizona, Nottingham and Harvest ranges, which we think would go down well with our customers.

I'm very glad that I made the trip this year!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Post by The Crofter »

Not your average framer wrote: For this reason, we plan to buy both the Hoffman machine and a separate router, router table and Hoffman router bit to enable us to implement butt joints as well as the normal mitre joints.
According to the Hoffman website the X20 can already do this with a square stop.

http://hoffmann-usa.com/index.php?route ... uct_id=361
Pat