CMC mountcutting service needed for jumbo board

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Paul Hardy

CMC mountcutting service needed for jumbo board

Post by Paul Hardy »

Does anyone know of someone who can cut a 100 aperture mount in an Arqadia jumbo board (mount size = height 1189mm width 1119mm) in Suffolk, Essex or London? Its a single mount, so I'm hoping to avoid posting it by collecting it in person.

Thanks

Paul Hardy
www.sudbury-picture-frames.co.uk
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Post by JFeig »

That can be done on just about any CMC that can accommodate a 40"x60" board 1016mm x 1542mm.

The table bed is larger than the board and all you do is cut 1/2 of the apertures, then rotate the board 180° and cut the other 1/2. In the case of my machine - I have about 45" to the top of the table work surface before it interferes with the gantry rails.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
osgood

Post by osgood »

JFeig wrote:That can be done on just about any CMC that can accommodate a 40"x60" board 1016mm x 1542mm.

The table bed is larger than the board and all you do is cut 1/2 of the apertures, then rotate the board 180° and cut the other 1/2. In the case of my machine - I have about 45" to the top of the table work surface before it interferes with the gantry rails.
That size is about 46.8 inches x 44 inches and I don't think just any CMC will cut that size this way, Jerome.
It would need to be able to take a board 44 inches wide and most will take one 40 inches wide.
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Post by Bill Henry »

See, it goes to show ya … us Americans don't know nothin' 'bout metric.

I think when Jerome made the conversion, he forgot to square the hypotenuse. What he really meant was 12.52 furlongs per light year. :lol:
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
osgood

Post by osgood »

Bill,

I think even you Americans would be able to work in metric if you tried! :wink: :wink:
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Post by Bill Henry »

osgood wrote:Bill,

I think even you Americans would be able to work in metric if you tried! :wink: :wink:
You won’t be able to drag us Yanks into the 18th century until you pry the rules from our cold, dead hands! :P
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Post by JFeig »

1119mm = about 44" that is the vertical --- 1650mm horizontal(65")

You can turn a board sideways 90° . The key question is how close the borders of the board are the window openings (apertures)?

I have flipped boards 2-3 times in the last 8 years to fudge the size limitations. And rotated 90° uncounted times.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
osgood

Post by osgood »

Jerome,
Some CMC's are designed in a way that doesn't allow a wider mat than 40 inches (or whatever) to be placed on the cutting table. I'm not familiar with all of them and I guess your solution would work on some machines.
I have used the turn around method many times on mine, but it's necessary to be extremely accurate in cutting the board to size if all the holes are to line up accurately.