BEEPING Jetmounter 26..... HELP !

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

BEEPING Jetmounter 26..... HELP !

Post by Bagpuss »

Well I put an advert on the board last night at about 10pm for my Jetmounter 26 and I had a buyer by 10.30pm. :clap:
I bought it a couple of years ago from Steve Goodhall at Hotpress, ex-demo I think.

Now Stefan drove over this afternoon, took him over an hour to get here and when I plugged it in just before he arrived, it started beeping.... and beeping .... and beeping :head: I havn't used it for over a year so was left scratching my head, how do I stop the beeping ???

The beep goes off when your finger gets too close to the rollers ( a sensor runs across it ). How embarrassing, after about 30 minutes, I apologised to Stefan and said I would seek advice and he was having to go back home empty handed.

Just as he got in his car, the beeping stopped somehow, I managed to catch him just in time and we were able to roll some foam-core through it and smooth some adhesive film onto it. I think I was trying to adjust the rollers while there was no substrate lying underneath the rollers, the rollers sprang to life and all seemed peachy.

Unfortunately I had a call from Stefan when he got home, that BEEPING had started again ?????
I will contact Hotpress first thing on Monday but if anyone else has encountered this before, we'd appreciate any advice,
I'm sure it's something really obvious !
Thanks in advance,
Adam/Bagpuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
stcstc

Re: BEEPING Jetmounter 26..... HELP !

Post by stcstc »

sounds like there is something stuck in front of the magic eye
silvercleave
Organisation: thought I was
Interests: Working to put food on table

Post by silvercleave »

perhaps a cobweb
Richard Photofusion
Organisation: Photofusion
Interests: Photography, and carting a young gymnast from class to comp to where ever the next sport is.*

*young, now a teenager...

Post by Richard Photofusion »

We had the RHS magic eye fail on our JM44 a couple of years ago - replacement part ordered through Hotpress, and a simple enough change over. Not sure about jm26, but the 44 won't run if you disconnect / try to bypass the eye. We ended up running around 100m of board prep, print & laminate through the machine at dead slow pace, with the warning sounder encased in bluetac, to kill the noise. Needless to say, running at dead slow meant we had a very high success rate, but major back ache.

Try blasting the eyes with compressed air...