Hello

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
JP Framing

Hello

Post by JP Framing »

Just thought I would pop in and say hello. Returning to framing after a break of nearly 20 years, I was very young when I started. Workshop is nearing completion, managed to use morso and underpinner for first time last night. Just need to build work surfaces, unpack the mount cutter and wait for stock to arrive. Anyway hopefully I will be left with time to contribute to these boards.

Patrick
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to post any time.

Please let us know how you settle back into the business. Is it like riding a bicycle, or do you have to learn it all over again?

Wishing you every success in your venture.

John
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Hi Patrick
Welcome to the forum from the SW

Are you a cottage industry or Retail. Not that it really matters, just being nosey.
As long as you can find time to join us, amongst your unpacking and setting up... The more the merrier.
John GCF

Post by Guest »

Working from the garage at the moment in my spare time. And although there has been a considerable gap since I was last set up I have kept my hand in. Thanks for the warm welcome, and how the industry has changed. So much more choice and I have been really impressed with most of the suppliers.

Oh well back to the garage.

Patrick
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

hello

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Patrick,

Welcome. Dont out the garage down, there is many a good framer working from a garage, a lot started in the position. May be trying to teach you how to suck eggs here, but even though you are working from a garage, my bit of advice would be to make sure your mountboards are kept dry, nothing as bad as trying to cut damp...ish, bent boards.
Not sure how long you have been out of the business, but its changing for the better, there have been standards set to aspire to, suppliers / manufacturers are coming into line as they have helped set these standards, making it easy for those of us that care about what we do, to always ensure that good quality workmanship is attained, using the best quality materials on the market.

Good luck with your venture.

Steven
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre