estlite on two pc

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
michelle
Organisation: Blackcab Studio
Interests: Driving my 1965 Bedford Dormobile.

estlite on two pc

Post by michelle »

I am going to have to run estlite on two computers ( one in our mobile showroom and one in the shop) is it then possible for the information to be combined so I am not running two customer databases ?
thanks
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: estlite on two pc

Post by JohnMcafee »

Data can be shared between two, or more, copies of EstLite when they share a local network. However, while more remote copies of EstLite can be connected over the Internet using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), at today's typical UK internet speeds this method is too slow to be practical.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

if you are wanting to go down the VPN route we use "Logmein Hamachi" - for our VPN software. it's quick and easy to set up - although as john says. it can be a bit slow due to the way the UK internet is set up.

i'm currently setting up the VPN at my house so i can log in to Estlite and check some data.

website for Hamachi is

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

John McAfee and myself have been testing VPNing estlite today. it's perilously slow!

however, if you want to attempt it i'll post a few getting started tips later today
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

although now vpning from home is very quick. just testing it tonight - over a distance of about 3 miles.
michelle
Organisation: Blackcab Studio
Interests: Driving my 1965 Bedford Dormobile.

Post by michelle »

Thanks for this I am just waiting for my parter to get to get some time to look at this ( It't his job to sort out) I am sure we will then have more questions. Thanks for the help so far, syncing will save so much hassle.