mobile pricing

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
michelle
Organisation: Blackcab Studio
Interests: Driving my 1965 Bedford Dormobile.

mobile pricing

Post by michelle »

We are about to go mobile and want to run EstLIte on a tablet which also has 3g so we can take payment. Just wondering what others are using and how they have found it.
thanks
markw

Re: mobile pricing

Post by markw »

presumably you have a tablet running a form of windows that will allow you to load and run the program?
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Post by JohnMcafee »

EstLite will be fine on any Windows laptop but is not run natively any of the mobile operating systems.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
michelle

Post by michelle »

I haven't got a tablet yet I guess I was just seeing if anyone could recommend a particularly good one for this job. We were thinking of the microsoft surface which comes with excel, word etc. but if anyone can recommend a better one we are not set in stone.
markw

Post by markw »

As far as I am aware you would have to get the surface pro as this is the only tablet running windows that will allow you to load conventional windows applications. Even then I would have a lot of questions to ask before buying one. Microsoft seem to have produced bit of a Turkey with the Surface as they seem to change the spec and price quite frequently. You may well be better off going for a laptop with touchscreen. Few of those around and the format isnt far away from tablet size - so easy to take to customers home. You can run all the office type programs on an iPad - word processing/spreadsheets/etc. They run very well on the iPad Air.

I would think you might also need to have illustrations of mouldings - design possibilities and so on - unless you intend to carry your samples.
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

i have a lenovo yoga, which is a laptop and a tablet

be careful though some of the run windows RT, which wont alloow you to install

est works great on the one i have though
michelle

Post by michelle »

Thanks for all the help, it has pointed us in the right direction. We are taking our chevrons with us as we have fitted out a high top van as a complete showroom ( including a built in full size plan chest!) . I will post some pics when it is finished which should be next week.