Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Mary
Organisation: Portra
Interests: painting

Keencut 1000 for glass

Post by Mary »

Hi all. Since I seem to be using mostly posh glass these days, I'm thinking I should splash out on a vertical cutter. I see there's a huge price difference between the Excalibur 5000 and the 1000 and I wonder if anyone who's used one can tell me what the 1000 is like at cutting glass? I don't particularly need it to cut anything else, not often anyway. I'm a bit wary as it's marketed more to signmakers than framers. Is there much difference between the two? thanks
prospero

Re: Keencut 1000 for glass

Post by prospero »

Hmmmm..... had to gooogle this. It looks as though the 1000 just lacks the double-wheel heavy duty cutter. Otherwise the glass cutting capabilities should be the same as the 5000. So unless you want to cut MDF, go for the cheaper one. 8)
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Mary
Organisation: Portra
Interests: painting

Re: Keencut 1000 for glass

Post by Mary »

thanks, that's reassuring. Reckon it'll be good enough for me if I don't happen upon a decent used 5000 anytime soon. Having done some goooogling of my own I see that Lion has their 1000s listed for several hundred quid less than everyone else, old stock maybe, possibly there's low demand from framers and t'others are supplying sign studios and turning more over :? the wonders of supply and demand