Why?

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Roboframer

Why?

Post by Roboframer »

This is an original pastel that came in yesterday for re-framing.

The customer told us about the little girl and then told us about where she is now; who did the painting etc etc - but I can't remember anything other than 'about the little girl' I'll ask again when it's collected. Can't remember what country she is from even - but I do remember she is 'OK' now ....

Her 'neighbours' threw her on a bonfire!

She was badly burned from the waist down - drew her legs up - in pain - to a foetal position and stayed put that way as her skin was so taut.

Was not taken to hospital/did not see a doctor for THREE MONTHS - they had to break her legs .......

That was when I stopped hearing and went onto autopilot!

Out of guilt as well as dismay.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

(((((Little Girl))))))

I can remember vividly the first time my mother told me about the atrocities perpetrated on the people in Nazi concentration camps.... (I was eight or nine years old at the time). I have not become inured to the horror to this day, and never will.

I have no fancy words to express my incapacity to comprehend how any person can even formulate the idea of deliberately infilicting any kind of pain on another, and the desire of some to inflict torture on another living being is completely beyond me ...

For over three decades now, I have asked myself on far too many occasions whether there is more than one species of human, because such concepts are utterly alien to me. If the bipedal creatures that perpetrate these acts are characteristically human, then I must be something else. I recognise that I'm an ENFP poster child, but even that can't explain such profoundly differening value systems to an intellectually understandable level that I can comprehend.And if that is so, then I wish I didn't have the same physical appearance as the perpetrators of such nefarious acts...

"The Green Fields of France" is one of the most poignant songs I've ever known. For those not familiar with it, it's a song sung by a passer-by at the graveside of a teenager that died in the First World War about the futility of mass belligerence, and refusal to learn from the past. A couple of lines feel apposite....
  • "But young Willie McBride, it's all happened again,
    And again, and again, and again, and again...."
I don't get cruelty, and I pray from the core of my being that, while the breath remains in my body that I never will.
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
sarah

Post by sarah »

I think that, having recently become a mum for the first time, I feel more horrified when adults can do this sort of thing to children. I cannot begin to comprehend why!

The saddest thing of all though is when children do it to other children, thinking in particular of that young boy Rhys in liverpool. What sort of a world are we living in?
daviddeer

Post by daviddeer »

When there are no more tears to weep and no more words to say, the whisper of our heart betrays us.
Giclee is just a term for a little squirt making lots of money
Remember conservation Framing is an art, for everything else there's Araldite