Comics

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Roboframer

Comics

Post by Roboframer »

Had an interesting job in today - an original artwork for the cover of 'Action' comic - which I had never heard of. 1976.

Apparently these originals are extremely hard come by as they outlived their usefulness the moment they were printed and they were discarded.

It is actually a collage of originals - and normaly the 'Action' bit would be re-used for future issues, but this one could not be because of the 'No1' flash. Lots more details that make this thing very valuable - artist is the guy who does Judge Dread - shark is famous now (Hookjaw or something) and has/had a comic of its own and eventually was banned from this comic for being too violent. More but I got bored after that!

You can see what detail there is on the acetate cover as it is folded back on the 2nd shot. It's held on with masking tape, which I have strict instructions not to remove - just re-enforce and overlap it with better stuff then mount over it, just over the edges on the other 3 sides, to show the instructions to print at 32% at the bottom.

L Juhl radiance silver with matching fillet under a blue mount the exact same blue as in the artwork - CC glass. Plus a copy of the comic in a mylar sleeve as well, which they 'threw in' , which I'm floating in the same frame with photo corners onto the same colour mountboard and spacing with 10mm econospace.

Bagel Framer

Post by Bagel Framer »

Very retro - I like that...

My wife and I really like Roy Lichenstein's work and I've frmaed a few of his artworks - his "Whaaaam" artwork our favourite one.

Long live retro....!

Sean