For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Roboframer

Olympic logo

Post by Roboframer »

What do you think of the olympic logo?

Here's what I think of it

osgood

Post by osgood »

I saw that on the news last night. If that is an example of British talent then there's not much hope for a successful Olympic games and no chance of taking the title "Best Olympic Games ever" away from Sydney!

What on earth are they thinking???
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Post by Bill Henry »

Awful logo aside, if I were English, I’d be scared silly about hosing the Olympics. We traveled on the London underground a few years ago and thought your subway cars to be very small. (No offense intended!) I cannot image how you are going to shuffle all those intended visitors around in addition to the usual commuters.

Two months after we were there, the difficulty in maintaining security for such a massive, public transportation system became dramatically apparent.

I fear that you guys have an Excedrin headache in the making.
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

In spite of the rubbish logo, I expect there will be plenty of memorabilia framing work to come out of the event.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

At the last olympics a marshall approached an athlete and said "Are you a pole vaulter"

"No" he said "I am German, but how did you know my name?"
janrus

Post by janrus »

May not be a fantastic logo, but the British usually put on an excellent display, Olympics can be great in other countries. Also we find the 'subway cars' fit the British very well, must be a problem with your size!!!!