BUYING: CMC Mount cutter

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Organisation: CTS
Interests: Photography

BUYING: CMC Mount cutter

Post by 590 »

Make is not an issue, must be in working condition. Please let me know if you have one for sale, thanks.
johnbourne4
Organisation: J.M. Bourne ltd
Interests: fishing and traveeling

Re: BUYING: CMC Mount cutter

Post by johnbourne4 »

Hello, I have a Trucut Alpha surplus to my requirements. We have 3 Trucuts here, the first (an Excel) was bought from new 10 years ago. The second (an Alpha) came from Manuscript when they went out of business. The third (another Alpha) was offered to me by someone local who was shutting down, just at the time that I was buying the Manuscript machine. Being a Trucut fan and knowing how infrequently these come up secondhand,I didn't want to miss the opportunity of buying another machine. However, we no longer cut the volume of mounts that we used to do and rarely use the machine.

If you are still looking for one, given your location (Trucut, as I am sure you know are based in Manchester) I would strongly recommend buying a Trucut, not just for all of the reasons that I would buy one here down in Cornwall, but purely from a logistical point of view. I like Trucut because they never charge for help over the phone, but servicing would be very practical because you would have them on the doorstep.

The machine that I have is in good condition and although it is fairly old has recently had some work done on it by Trucut and they know the history of the machine. (just speak to Bob or John if you want more info). There are various upgrades that the machine would be able to have to bring it up to the spec of the modern machines, but I really don't think that is at all necessary (all of our machines have not been upgraded and we see no real need to do so).

Although I am in Cornwall, I come up to Birmingham every so often (next trip due on 21st March) and would be able to bring the machine up to Trucut if you were serious about buying the machine.

I don't know if you are familiar with their models, but the Alpha is a double headed machine (i.e. one vertical blade head and one angled blade head). In my opinion, a double headed machine is vital if you intend to sell customers unframed mounts. Single headed machines will only cut with an angled blade so you get a sharp edge to the outside of the mount. The Alpha is a faster model than the Excel that we bough new (£17,000+vat) and I think that the Alpha would have been around £23,000 + vat new. Obviously, as the machine is old, I don't want anywhere near that figure, but we can discuss the price (to include installation and training by Trucut).

If there is anything else that you need to know please ask.

Best regards, John Bourne

P.s. I am away from the office from 3pm this afternoon until Sunday, so if I don't get back to you that is the reason