Removable medals holder thingywotsit

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Removable medals holder thingywotsit

Post by StevenG »

Hi guys

Anyone know where I can get some of these bad boys ........
medal-attachment-in-frame__99441.1405366180.220.360.jpg
medal-attachment-in-frame__99441.1405366180.220.360.jpg (8.48 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
I've got a few medal case to make - each of them need the medals to be easily removed when needed & this 'blue plastic thing with silver bit' seems pretty handy but I can't see anywhere that sells them.

Cheers (Any other suggestions gladly accepted btw :) )
Jayvee
Organisation: Framed By John
Interests: Framing, Football, Cricket, Movies

Re: Removable medals holder thingywotsit

Post by Jayvee »

I also saw something like these the other day which served the same purpose! Guy wants me to match what he has previously! Photo attached any suggestions...however something like featurepieces would also suffice!!!

Cheers all! :rock:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (554.74 KiB) Viewed 4696 times
StevenG
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Hey - Hi :D

I'd gladly take those if available, I did have a thread recently (http://www.theframersforum.com/viewtopi ... 32&t=10977) but I never got them :(

Useful little things though
oskar516
Organisation: Brighton
Interests: modern art, music (mainly old 60's ska and motown etc), reading (mainly history and factual)

Post by oskar516 »

Hi,

Just an idea, might be worth trying anyway....

You could maybe use bushes and just either drill or punch a hole though... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-NEW-TEFLON- ... 337e93c599
oskar516
Organisation: Brighton
Interests: modern art, music (mainly old 60's ska and motown etc), reading (mainly history and factual)

Post by oskar516 »

Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

If you have a set of court mounted medals they are designed to fit on a ribbon bar worn on the uniform, on a real live person that moves about.

If you want to be really flash you could have that ribbon bar made; you could even have a uniform pocket complete with the correct button with the ribbon bar above, but all you really need to do is make a mount that allows the lugs and pin on the back of the court mounted set to work in the exact same way as they would on a jacket.
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Those fixings were sold by these guys http://www.bigburymint.com/ and we had loads of them at one point when we were reframing all the medal set for our local British Legion branch. They were happy to sell the fixings to us so hopefully you will still be able to source them from them. I've checked and we don't have any left otherwise I would happily have sent one off to you, sorry.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

Hi

That's a very kind offer :D I've sent off an email to those guys, hopefully I'll get something sorted.

Thanks again
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

Just an update (in case anyone is losing sleep) - the guys over at http://www.bigburymint.com/ can't offer anything at the moment. Very polite and helpful staff but they only have enough for their own orders at the moment, totally understandable too.

If anyone has any other ideas when I can get either of those mounting things I'd really appreciate it. I know Robo's idea is pretty neat but I've got a bit of interest in these things now and was going to make a small batch of medal cases just for stock in various sizes so just a generic mounting item/technique is all I need at the moment.

Cheers guys
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Sorry it wasn't a more useful lead for you :( it was a few years ago now that we bought the fixings from them and they must have changed their policy since then which at least is useful to know, even if it wasn't helpful for you. It is just a wooden block basically though, (ours were wooden anyway, although I see on your original post that you say it is plastic) is there a local carpenter/woodworker who could make one up for you maybe?
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

Hey, it was a very good lead & I do appreciate it. Thanks again.

There are a few guys local but it probably wouldn't be worth their time to make me a few of these based on what I want to pay :D But I'll ask anyway