Guillotine and underpinner forsale

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
worriedwizard

Guillotine and underpinner forsale

Post by worriedwizard »

Hi, I have forsale. A guillotine and underpinner. Both are used and probably 20 or so years old, I have owned them for around 10 years and of cause bought second hand. Both would suit a new framer or backup for someone.

The guillotine is a foot operated orteguil model 78. Two sets of blades,one set is quite old so I use them as just the back ups while the other set is being sharpened, I will get the better set sharpened at lion this week. Looking for £300 for it

The underpinner is a wall or desk mounted euro Pinner. Looking for £59.
Both are pickup only from cannock area, staffordshire. Thanks for looking
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (237.13 KiB) Viewed 3801 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (231.28 KiB) Viewed 3801 times
Gillthepainter
Organisation: Crescent Art Space
Interests: Painting, frame making, sourdough baking

Re: Guillotine and underpinner forsale

Post by Gillthepainter »

I will be interested in the underpinner/
And will email you privately, if that is OK with the house rules.
prospero

Post by prospero »

FWIW you won't regret buying that pinner. :yes: I've used the exact same model for the last 30 years.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Gillthepainter

Post by Gillthepainter »

Good to know Prospero.
I hope worriedwizard gets back to me, I've pm'd.

I've wanted these things for 5 years now, and am now in a position to get them. Strange Christmas present seemingly, but a perfect one as far as I'm concerned.
prospero

Post by prospero »

btw. When I got mine I knocked up a stand using sheets of melamine board and 2x2 timber. Complete with swing out support arms. It was a temporary measure at the time as the pinner was situated in my bedroom. Still using it. If you want to make one yourself I'll give you the lowdown.
It's not the most sophisticated machine on the planet, but it does the job and the simplicity means there is less to go wrong. Mine has only had two springs replaced in it's life. It maybe hasn't had the use that it would in some establishments, but it's done a lot of frames. I'm using the generic 'Universal' wedges from Lion. 10/7/5mm.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
worriedwizard

Post by worriedwizard »

I'm sorry, I didn't think anyone was interested in the items, so I've listed them on eBay, the underpinner is number 321605985293. It has just over a day on it. That's if you are still interested. I've checked my mail and for some reason there isn't anything there. So sorry if you did pm me as I didn't get it. :shock:
Gillthepainter

Post by Gillthepainter »

Hi Worriedwizard.

Thank you both for your warm reception. And the time you took with us.
Your chookie eggs will be eaten as pasta tomorrow evening! I'll make up some ravioli.

The v-nailer is now at my studio. I've got an order of 10 frames to make this week, which would usually have to be done over 2 days with my rotary saw and pushmaster.
But I'll have them cut and nailed in the blink of an eye now that I have your kit, coupled with my second hand guillotine from gumtree.

Good evening Prospero.
Yes I would love instructions as to making a stand when you have the time.