Trucut alpha drive for sale

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
johnbourne4
Organisation: J.M. Bourne ltd
Interests: fishing and traveeling

Trucut alpha drive for sale

Post by johnbourne4 »

I'm having a clearout and have a Digiplan CD60M stepper motor drive for sale. I bought this as a spare drive for an early Trucut Alpha machine. Owners of the machines may know that whilst they are a great fast double headed machine, it is not unknown for the drives (which are no longer made) to fail. I understand that Trucut have to pay "through the nose" to get them repaired. I bought this from someone in America for £375 as this was less than Trucut charge for a repair and it meant that I always had a spare. I sold the Alpha last year as our order books no longer justified running 3 machines, so this spare drive is surplus to our requirements (the other machines we have are newer and have different drives). The drive does work as I tested it on the old Alpha before selling the machine.
Graysalchemy

Re: Trucut alpha drive for sale

Post by Graysalchemy »

Have you asked if tru cut are knee rested in it?
johnbourne4
Organisation: J.M. Bourne ltd
Interests: fishing and traveeling

Re: Trucut alpha drive for sale

Post by johnbourne4 »

No, but knowing that Trucut are in business to make money, I expect that they would want to buy it for somewhere around £250 or less so that they could sell it for £500 + vat or more (?). I think that they charge £500 + vat to get a drive repaired. I really like the way Trucut do things and appreciate that they need to make a profit, as we all do. If no-one on the forum is interested, I'll put it on eBay as these drives are few & far between and are used in all sorts of cnc machines. I might even get more for it than I paid for it if listed on eBay worldwide, but I would rather sell it to a UK buyer which is why I've listed it here. Thanks for your post, John