20/20 Cricket

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
osgood

20/20 Cricket

Post by osgood »

Is anyone following the 20/20 cricket?

I see that Australia just kicked England's butt. Yaaaaaaay!!!

It wasn't too darn exciting when we had our butts kicked by Zimbabwe! Boooooooo!!! Struth, our guys must have been asleep on the pitch!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Cricket?

I've fallen asleep between delivery and strike - how can anyone watch it?

I could play it - just as long as I was either batting or bowling - with less interval.

Just like golf - 'oh look - some guys walking up a nice garden with some trolleys - oooooh, they've stopped - wonder what they're going to do - oh man - one's got a little ball out of his pocket - looks like he's going to whack it with that stick - YEAAAAAAH he did........

Oh - now they're off on another walk - must be some sort of treasure hunt!"

F1 - Tour de France - give me some speed, give me some sweat ...... some drugs!
kaptain.kopter

Post by kaptain.kopter »

Never mind the cricket Ormond, what about the rugby!.

Wales vs Australia today.

Should be a win for the Aussies but the die hard optomist in me says just maybe.......

Mind you, Wales can't play as badly as England last night. I actually felt sorry for them in the second half as they didn't have a clue about how to break the Springboks line.

I still can't see anybody but the Kiwi's winning the cup but there's been a few surprises so far.

Tempter of providence that I am, I really shouldn't have said that we can't play as badly as England. UH OH! :shock:
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

www.martinchadwickphotography.com
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

The 20/20 is brilliant. we have it on radio5 sport on the radio (well the workshop PC). The 20/20 format is pure genius. Its even converted Mrs Kev to cricket!
osgood

Post by osgood »

Kev,
I agree, the 20/20 game is great. It can be so fast and furious, that even Robo might enjoy it! :wink: :wink:
Unfortunately, most of this series is on while I am sleeping!

Kaptain,
I usually don't follow rugby, but it's good to see that the Aussies won against Wales! Isn't it Robo??? :wink: :wink:
kaptain.kopter

Post by kaptain.kopter »

Wales vs Australia was a highly entertaining game although, as I feared, we lost.

We've just got to beat South Africa in the quarters instead of England.

The plus side is that the Aussies get to play England which should be interesting. :twisted:
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

www.martinchadwickphotography.com
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

osgood wrote: I usually don't follow rugby, but it's good to see that the Aussies won against Wales! Isn't it Robo??? :wink: :wink:
Well, we have our moments, and for a tiny principality inside a not very big country we produce some real class - maybe some unfortunate Aussie boxer will come up against Joe Calzaghe - or Enzo Maccarinelli one day.
osgood

Post by osgood »

Robo,

We don't have a Tom Jones either!

I guess with the surname 'Williams", some ancestor of mine must have come from Wales.
ross

Post by ross »

You can have your 20/20 - it's hit, miss or be on your way - no skill in that

Much the same with the rugby world cup - too many teams and it will not be until the semi-finals that there will be a decent game - it is also spread out over too long a period - one game a week is crazy in these early games

I'll just have to be satisfied with our end of season competition matches in League and Aussie Rules

Ross