Double mitre saw

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Roboframer

Double mitre saw

Post by Roboframer »

This is something else I will be looking at at the Spring fair - I found one of these things but I'm not sure - it's just a single and I don't see a dust extractor - warryafink? ..............................↓↓↓↓

osgood

Post by osgood »

John,
I thought you had a 'space' problem?

I suppose it would be able to clear plenty of space for itself anyway!
Spit
Organisation: Framing Mad
Interests: Framing, watercolours & CCFC

Post by Spit »

How many deep rebate redwood mouldings are you hoping to make? Is there a market for 5ft deep mouldings?
http://www.classicbikeart.co.uk

Steve.
During business hours : My status
prospero

Post by prospero »

I think I once made one of those with my meccano set. :roll:
Spit
Organisation: Framing Mad
Interests: Framing, watercolours & CCFC

Post by Spit »

I had a meccano set, I made a thingy sort of thing with things sticking out at all angles. I think it was the first abstract meccano.
http://www.classicbikeart.co.uk

Steve.
During business hours : My status
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I could start a topic on Meccano!

I still remember some part numbers e.g. #52 was a five and a half by two and a half flanged plate - and I was reading big words like that when I was ................ very young!

Every model came with a list of required parts - by part number - I'd never have to check many.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

I r-e-a-l-l-y wanted a Meccano set. Thought they were ace. Being a girlie, my parents made me settle for Lego. Just not the same... :evil:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

My Dad used to make a Meccano Christmas tree every year - best one in the street - revolved - everyone thought we must be well off to afford a tree like that - but we weren't .... we were so poor ......... we were so poor .... we couldn't afford to go to the seaside - Mum used to fan us with a kipper!
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Like this?
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Veeery good - but no - we couldn't afford the water effect - just the smell factor!
prospero

Post by prospero »

I always wanted a No.10 meccano set. Never got one. :cry: IIRC (got me donig now. :wink: ) they were £55.00 and came in a solid oak cabinet.

I used to get Meccano magazine. Remember that? Build a grandfather clock in 6 monthy parts. :?
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

The last full boxed set I got was a size 5, after that I used to get the conversion sets - 5a upgraded size 5 to a 6 etc - I got to size 8 but with all the spares I used to buy with my pocket money I had a 9 - and all the motors.

Then I joined the army at age 15. Years later my Mum told me that otherwise they would have got me the size 10, either that Christmas or for my 16th birthday. Wish she'd never told me that!

You can still get one if you want too.

My brother now has my sets - but his boys are not in to them - mine? forget it! Don't suppose any modern day boy would or could be either - not many were even in my day - not as seriously as I/a few others was/were.

Yes, I remember Meccano magazine - there are quite a few copies in the box with my old set - remember making a model from one - a microscope - the lens was a water droplet - worked v well too!
prospero

Post by prospero »

I had the steam engine. :P Looking back, it's a wonder I didn't blow the house up.

:D My original set was my Uncles and some of the parts were pre war. The plates were blue with yellow crossed lines and had extremely sharp edges. :shock:
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

prospero wrote:I had the steam engine.
Mammod?

Reckon if you had one of those - boxed ...... apart from being a sad B***** - it would be worth a bit!

OMG - you know when you're old when ......... things you played with are collectors' items.

I need a drink now.
prospero

Post by prospero »

Naaaaaaa....it was a pukka meccano one. :D

I have a lot of Matchbox cars as well. 8) Some are a bit knackered through being buried in the garden over the winter but some are in perfect condition with boxes. I stopped collecting them when the price went up to half-a -crown. :P