Old framers

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

prospero wrote:...I misplaced my faithful 16' tape couple of weeks since. After a few days I started to miss it and bought another one. No sooner did that when the old one turned up.
Tell-tale signs of Aliens at work! :wink:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
prospero

Post by prospero »

Amazing init? They have the advanced technology to cross the vast intergalactic void and haven't even got their own tape measure. 8)

Or maybe it's the pixies. :shock:
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

...... cut corners.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Now I've got a new one, I've found the lost rule.

No sign of the missing magnifier, but the new ones are proving useful. My replacement 8x lupe is used for all the usual jobs that the missing one performed. The largest new magnifier has a plastic ring around it to stand on top of what you want to look at, is proving useful for looking up numbers in the phone book or checking morso stop settings later in the day when the old eyes are getting tired.

I also got a folding "Linen tester" type magnifier which I pulled out of my pocket to look at a speck stuck to a customers print brought in for framing. The customer was impressed, mostly with the fact it was a folding one. Perhaps I should consider selling magnifiers.

As you may have guess my eyes are at the age where these things are helpful, but I don't need a zimmer frame yet! :D
prospero

Post by prospero »

Not your average framer wrote:Now I've got a new one, I've found the lost rule. :D
Told ya. :D (permission to look smug. 8) )

Signs of aging are creeping in. I got a new mobile a while back. One day I could not find it anywhere. :cry: Aha! I know! I'll ring it and listen. Could not remember the number and if I had written it down somewhere I had lost the bit of paper. Ended up ringing the helpline. I had all the contract details on hand: Call centre - "If you are an existing customer, press1".
(pressed 1) - "please input your phone number....". :roll:
Not to be defeated I sent them an e-mail. Two weeks later they rang back. Fortunately the phone had turned up in the meantime.....

If I did have a zimmer, I would forget where I parked it. :shock:
fineedge

Post by fineedge »

......have holey t-shirts.

The holes seem to appear just around the gut area which is roughly the same height as the working surface of the table.
Alan
prospero

Post by prospero »

Holey T-Shirts Batman!!! :evil:
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

System 4000 users get holes in their trousers and the same height as the sliding toggle clamp for clamping MDF. Hurts too, when you do it, Ouch!