Google Value-Added Services

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Google Value-Added Services

Post by Moglet »

Hi all,

Per John's suggestion, I added my business to Google Maps last Autumn. Wait X number of weeks, and bingo! there I was. Great stuff! Until my listing disappeared.

I've followed all the support protocols, sent feedback, and emailed Google a few times now asking for help getting it reinstated, and I might as well be trying to get Bill's private mobile number. :roll: Also, from what I've been able to gather, I'm not the only business on the planet that has fallen into the Google Maps 'black hole.' FWIW, I also went to their Google Maps user forum to try to get an answer, but I gave up when rigor mortis started looming large on the horizon.

It's all very well Google offering these 'free' value-added services, but am I the only person to find that there is diddly squat in the way of dialogue with the cybergiant when things don't go according to plan? It's really disappointing, because I think the "Maps" service is a great idea in principle. It's true that one gets what one pays for, and I'd rather have a subscription service with a bod on the end to help me out when things go wrong. :?
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.