sarah

How do you answer this question?

Post by sarah »

How do you guys answer the question - "it's ONLY a print isn't it?"
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Post by JFeig »

If it were an original Picasso, it would be the same low price. We charge by what we do and not what your "free" print cost you.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
sarah

Post by sarah »

:lol: I will have to use one of those next time.

I take it very personally when someone criticises something in the shop, and I hate it when people refer to things ONLY being prints. Oh the joys of working with the general public.
markw

Post by markw »

I am often amused by the comments people make as they look at my shop window - i am sure they dont realise that i can hear every word they say. Only the other week i heard an elderly lady gasp at the price of a print (only a print) £15,500 - it was actualy £155.00 - i decided to up the size of text used on my price tickets. I suppose the answer to your question must be based on the fact that the person has brought the print in to have it framed - its realy up to you to "sell" the frame that produces the picture the customer wants - if they didnt want a frame they wouldnt have come to you so show them that spending a bit more will transform a lowly print into a pleasing picture. Worst scenario is husband or wife sent in to have a print framed that they hate - you cant win.
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Post by JFeig »

Have you also noticed that the larger the car, the less they want to spend. Doctors and attorneys are the worst!
What is the current fee charged by attorneys these days on your side of the pond. We would be hard pressed to find one for $150/hr.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Jerome,

Last time I was actually in a solicitors office here in Northern Ireland, to sort my will, he charged me £10.00, and never sent me the account. That was in 1989, I find that hard to beat. I use a solitor now and again to write the odd letter (thankfully the very odd letter) to a bad debt customer, its a standard letter that I wrote for him, all he has to do is type it out onto his headed note paper, only the name and address changes, and the cost, a wee bit of discount off his framing. There are bound to be solicitors in Northern Ireland charging in the region of the American's, but thankfully and hopefully I will not have to use any.

The National Health Service here also means we dont pay for a Doctor's consultation, unless we decide to go 'Private' and then you see the same Doctor. Likewise hospital treatment is free and available to anyone, unless we choose to go private, and like before you see the same doctors and use the same nurses. That is what we pay tax for.

Steven
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre