What are you listening to?

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
The Jolly Good Framer #1

What are you listening to?

Post by The Jolly Good Framer #1 »

When I’m in my workshop I have to listen to some sort of music and I started wondering what music (if any) every one else listens to.

So…
Over the last week I have been listening to Belle And Sebastian, The Electric Soft Parade, The Beatles (early stuff), Breaks and a bit of Radio 2.

What have you been listening to?
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Radio 2 pretty much all the time - don't like some of the holiday stand ins, that's when I play CDs - anything goes really - Welsh Choirs, Joan Baez, Nelly Furtardo, Lenny Kravitz.

Don't listen to the local radio station I advertise on - too many bloody adverts.
michelle
Organisation: Blackcab Studio
Interests: Driving my 1965 Bedford Dormobile.

Post by michelle »

I am radio 4 or 2 depending on my mood and a good audio book on my ipod while walking the dog. Totally addicted to my radio and ipod and couldn't manage with out them, how sad am I.
fineedge

Post by fineedge »

I have a son who is an international hotshot in the psytrance electronic scene ( goes by the name of Protoculture) and my ipod in the dock plays his stuff all and every day long. The groove orientated beat keeps me on my toes but I have to watch the window to reduce vol when customers arrive.
Alan
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

We used to listen to Radio 2, then one of my returning Uni students kept changing to Radio 1. Found the staff weren't concentrating and mistakes being made, so we put the radio away. Must say I miss Tel, Ken, Jeremy and Steve, but I get a bit of Chris going home in the car and a bit of Tel on the way in, but as I live 3 miles from the shop, I don't get much of either. If I go back to do some work in the evenings, I look out the radio and get my fix of Radio 2. Plus, we didn't want the Performing Rights Society breathing down our necks. What's that about anyway. Surely if the Radio station pays royalties, the listener shouldn't have to pay again, just because staff are listening?
Spit
Organisation: Framing Mad
Interests: Framing, watercolours & CCFC

Post by Spit »

In the back room I tend to have Planet Rock. I'm mighty peeved that they are taking it off the DAB radio list soon.
http://www.classicbikeart.co.uk

Steve.
During business hours : My status
Ricky
Organisation: Barnard Castle Framers.
Interests: Art, Photography,Ceramics,
Restoration.Horses.

Post by Ricky »

I'm a rock man myself, anything from Led Zep to Urihah Heep, Sabbath & Purple, on the lighter side, Dylan, Clapton, Eagles,
on the Country side, Albert Lee, Danny Gatton, & Vince Gill
Heres a taster of the above, Enjoy
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Post by Bill Henry »

Things are different, I’m sure, here in the States.

I listen to a commercial, classical radio station all day. I don’t particularly object to “soft” rock, but most of the stations over here only play four songs over and over. Plus I get annoyed at the advertisements plugging acne cream all day.

I absolutely refuse to listen to “country”. I hate them thar folks trying to make a virtue out of using bad grammar and singing off key.

At least with classical stations, one gets to listen a piece that is more than 3-1/2 minutes long.
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
Spit

Post by Spit »

Bill it isn't bad grammar, they're singing about their Gramma who turned bad......

Steve.
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Post by The Crofter »

Hail stones...
Pat
fineedge

Post by fineedge »

nice one Pat! I hope you ain't got a iron roof like my workshop
Alan
Spit

Post by Spit »

The bits between the holes are, so he only gets half the noise you do :lol:

Steve.
iantheframer
Organisation: is not my greatest talent!
Interests: photography

Post by iantheframer »

Radio 2 for me except at weekends, when it goes down hill a little. onto Old style Rock,< Guess the forum members are mainly of a "certain age" :wink:
kaptain.kopter

Post by kaptain.kopter »

Spit wrote:In the back room I tend to have Planet Rock. I'm mighty peeved that they are taking it off the DAB radio list soon.
I don't think I can go through a day in the workshop without Planet Rock.
I'm still hoping there'll be a buy out by Rick Wakeman and others.

Failing that, the iPod will be installed along with some decent speakers.
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

www.martinchadwickphotography.com
prospero

Post by prospero »

What's the greatest rock album ever made?

My votes on Deep Purple: Made in Japan. :D
Mr Bojangles

Post by Mr Bojangles »

prospero i think my vote would go to Led Zep IV
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Saturday mornings - Jonathan Ross - can't stand the guy - slllllightly more bearable on radio than TV, depending on the guests/topic.

But when he is on holiday, which, thankfully, is often - you may get Mark Lamaar and Jo Brand - Gawd - it should be their show, with JR standing in when they are on holiday - I'm up to speed come Saturday and can be found just sitting in the workshop giggling, with a blank tape ready for when I get called to the shop, where they all think I am 'out back' slaving away of course.

Other times (standing in for JR) that gay guy with the teeth - (insert first name here) .......... Carr - bloody funny!
prospero

Post by prospero »

Yes, all stellar stuff, but I don't think you can beat Deep Purple live and at their peak for sheer raw window-rattling tonsil-jangling power. :shock:

'Who's Next' close second. 8)
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

prospero wrote:What's the greatest rock album ever made?
For me it would have to be Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

Roboframer wrote: Other times (standing in for JR) that gay guy with the teeth - (insert first name here) .......... Carr - bloody funny!
That would be Alan. I think he's brill and Jo Brand is my favourite female comedian cos she just don't care !