Mup.sys

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Grahame Case

Mup.sys

Post by Grahame Case »

Windows strikes again, and specifically, the point just after MUP,sys is loaded safely,

just had to format my hard drive, with all my important data, and reinstall windows, (not the first time it has happened to me) - took a while to work out what was causing it this time though, and had to juggle hard drives around to get it into some shape of life.

limping at the moment with only one HDD and one DVD drive, hopefully be able to bring other two on line later on.

unfortunately, i lost all my website hard copies, and didn't have a backup of them, so i've got a bit of new web redesign work to do at some stage.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Bummer. Feel for you, Grahame.... :cry:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

Moglet wrote:Bummer. Feel for you, Grahame.... :cry:
it sort of forces me to change the website though, which is a good thing, because Google no like Flash websites...

shame, because they look so yummy when they are up and running!

can't watch tv just now, as the PC is my tv, so i'm just off to bed to sleep, no bbc news 24 for me :(
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Grahame Case wrote:...bbc news 24 for me :(
One of the greatest soporifics known to mankind!

Codladh sámh!
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Post by The Crofter »

Probably an idea to get an external storage device as well so you can backup stuff . 500Gb devices going for around £60 at the moment. Shame you formatted your drive, you could have bought a new internal & created a new C:. Fitting the old drive after this process would just make it a normal drive from which you may should be able to recover your files. The only time this will not work is if there is a physical problem with the drive. Doesn't apply in this case as you have used the same drive again.
Pat
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

The Crofter wrote:Probably an idea to get an external storage device as well so you can backup stuff . 500Gb devices going for around £60 at the moment. Shame you formatted your drive, you could have bought a new internal & created a new C:. Fitting the old drive after this process would just make it a normal drive from which you may should be able to recover your files. The only time this will not work is if there is a physical problem with the drive. Doesn't apply in this case as you have used the same drive again.

tried resurrecting it with a new Maxtor drive that i had lying around that didn't work, to be honest, the file system that was on that hard drive had been crying out for a complete wipe.

i had reinstalled windows 4 or so times over the top of the original copy, to fix various bugs and problems since i first built the computer 3 years ago, never hd to get away with a full system format, unfortunately, i had to this time (windows repair / setup just wouldn't recognise the HDD)