Chevron Carousel (Illustrated)

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Chevron Carousel (Illustrated)

Post by Merlin »

The previous thread on space saving, prompted me to forward this picture of our Chevron board.
Previously we just had a 6 x 4 ft carpeted board, but found that we could not get the number of chevron examples on display that we wanted.
On a visit to the USA in 2000 we noticed quite a few picture framers had these carousels, albeit floor to ceiling. So during a quiet period last year we designed and built our own based on their templates.

This had increased our number of chevrons by about 35.

To the right there is room for one more carousel should the need arise in the future.
We did not go for the full height, as the space underneath is required for completed customers framing projects.
John GCF
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Good picture, and great idea John.
And the location of the carousels, while in clear view of the customer, gives you control of how the shevrons are removed and replaced - big advantage.

The front of our counter doubles as chevron display, however the samples are a bit exposed and vulnerable.
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Organisation: The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
Interests: Philately, Darts, Beer Making, Photography, Golf

Great Execution and Adaptation!

Post by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF »

Nice Job John,

Not only did you create table height turnstyles, but I like the way you added the lighting as well.

In the U.S., two different moulding vendors have made this available to their customers in the full height version that you make reference to. One from Gemini Moulding includes halogen lighting and the turnstyles are slightly smaller than the ones from Evald Moulding.

I've modified the Evald design above slightly. Special ordered simply paint primed, I cover these with Velcro type fabric rather than linen. The photo above shows one set of 6 units.

This second photo shows a custom design unit of three that fit in as an end cap to an island that displays other product. "Space Savers" really work well.

John
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
430 E Northland Ave
Appleton, WI 54911-2127 USA

Member: FATG & PPFA
The Frame Workshop
John Ranes Picture Framer Blog
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »