Pricing Programs

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

Pricing Programs

Post by DEEPJOY »

Hi All

Oh no not another new guy!
I am aware that most of you have an allegiance / preference to the EstLite Framing Pricing Software, but I am struggling to properly compare between this product and my short listed alternative, Quick Price Software. Is there anyone of you prepared to give your opinions on Quick Price, either from currently running it or having dismissed it in favor for EstLite or even something else?
I have been reading a great deal of your recommendations of support, guidance and genuine interest in the 'NEWBIE" community on this forum over the past months. I would like to both thank you and congratulate you all for the time consuming effort you apply to encourage new starters like myself to take the plunge in this new venture.

Very Best Regards
Deepjoy and Excitement.
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Re: Pricing Programs

Post by kev@frames »

Hi deepjoy. think the problem you are going to have getting opinions is that unless people are using custom software of their own,the majority will be using estlite, and there isn't really anything to complain about with estlite, its like a morso, it just quietly gets on with the job without drama or problems, staff have no problems with it, and it works very well.

welcome to the forum!
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Deepjoy,

If you speak to John, I think he has a demo version of Estlite you can try.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
silvercleave
Organisation: thought I was
Interests: Working to put food on table

Post by silvercleave »

Not your average framer wrote:Hi Deepjoy,

If you speak to John, I think he has a demo version of Estlite you can try.
Hi, Just click on the ad to the left and download a trial version

Regards

Ian
DEEPJOY

Post by DEEPJOY »

Hi All

Again thank you all for your support.
Wise words and pretty much what I expected. The struggle I have is something like choosing a car, you know the Honda makes sense, beautifully engineered and rock solid reliability - but wow the sexy styling and flair of the Alfa Romeo is tempting. I could upset a number of Alfa drivers with statistics on reliability on this product, but I do not want to go there. I bet however, I will now get bombarded with stories of how uncle Albert took his Alfa for an around the world adventure, through snow, sand storms, tropical monsoons, plague, vertical mountainous climbs and war zones without so much as a scratch or spanner being laid on the old girl! Oh it was red in colour as-well!
I guess I am answering my own question, if the choice of software feels right to the individual it will do a job. I am just worried I will miss an important feature further down the line. As a NEWBIE, it is difficult to access what will be required further down the line only then quoting the famous - "we all could be past masters of en-sight"!

Many Thanks
Deepjoy & Excitement
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Post by The Jolly Good Framer #1 »

Have a look on page 125 of the current Lion catalogue, there are details of 5 or 6 pricing softwares. (if you don’t have a Lion Catalogue ring them up and get them to send you one 0121 7731230).
All have websites and I should think that all of them have demos to try. So try them and you will get a feel of what each one is like.

I have never used any of them by the way but what I know of the EstLite sounds good. It’s the one I would go with if I was in the market.
I may be corrected on this but it has a database of a lot of the suppliers mouldings and if you add on the Pre-View it will enable your customers to see the image on a computer screen as if it was framed.
DEEPJOY

Post by DEEPJOY »

Thank you Jolly Good Framer

I have got as far as having and running the demo's on both softwares, but not being so computer literate I have struggled to really establish a massive difference between the two of them. Sure, there are differences, but nothing massive enough to sway me one way or the other. I think either would do a fine job, it just would have been nice to get someone who has seen both to give me a resounding reason why I should go or not go for either of the softwares.

Very Best Regards
Deepjoy