Page 1 of 1
Underpinner Wanted
Posted: Thu 11 Sep, 2008 7:09 pm
by elly-d
Hi, I am in need of an underpinner, I have been looking on eBay but not many are coming on. If anyone has one for sale give me a shout. I am preferably after a foot powered one (alfamacchine 1M) or a cheap compressed air powered would be good also. I am looking around £250 or a little more for a really good one.
Cheers.
Ell.
Re: Underpinner Wanted
Posted: Thu 11 Sep, 2008 10:10 pm
by prospero
Hi Ell.
Give Mitrecraft Wholesale a ring on 01522 511322
They are in Lincoln, so not a million miles away. They usually have a good selection of machines. Nice friendly, family-run business. Known them for yonks and they know what they are about.
I would go for a manual model. Don't be too reluctant to spend a bit extra for a good one. It will pay for it'self very quickly. A tempermental one will end up costing you time and blood-pressure.
(I'm not on commission btw.

)
Re: Underpinner Wanted
Posted: Thu 11 Sep, 2008 10:42 pm
by DEEPJOY
Hi Elly
I have just seen an ALFA 1M just finish unsold on ebay. It was on for £300, 2 years old and in Fife. The name on the ebay page was ROSSLYN FINE ARTS. Telephone 01333427494 between 9 - 4pm Monday to Friday.
Get on the blower I am sure they may take an offer, especially given that there will be no commission to pay ebay and the distance to collect.
Regards
Deepjoy
Re: Underpinner Wanted
Posted: Fri 12 Sep, 2008 11:58 pm
by elly-d
Hi guys thanks so much for the replies. I have already made an offer on the 1m Alfa from eBay but they declined, I did offer a little less than it was worth because it was so far away nevermind. But thanks that was a good idea. I have a couple of leads to follow but I may end up taking your advice and calling the place in lincoln, I have been trying to avoid shops as they tend to overprice things - I am really on a budget so I have to be picky.
I have always used air op underpinners in the past so I am not sure what to look for in a manual, although they are cheaper and air operater seems a bit lazy
Thanks.
Ell.