Website

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Dermot

Website

Post by Dermot »

For those of you that are thinking about a website, you can now set your site up with Google for free.

https://www.google.com/accounts/Service ... tspot&ul=1

It sets it up with a Google/your name, however at a later stage you can add your own domain name…

You wont end up with an all singing and dancing site, never the less you will end up with a web presence powered by Google which in reality means that 85%+ of web users are likely to have a chance of finding your site…

This is the link to what I have started for On The Edge Picture Framing https://sites.google.com/site/ontheedgepictureframing/

It took me about twenty minutes to get this far, I’m still working my way around how the whole thing works….

Don’t be put off once you get into it is very simple and if you make a bit of a mess you can back or delete very easily….

I would suggest that you set up a Gmail email address as a starter ……….that way you will be able to link all the Google services very easy….

It’s quite amazing what Google is offering these days…

Google websites will look a bit different from others for awhile, as this is a very new service from Google, however I would be very confident that within a year there will be lots of websites on the Google platform….
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Re: Website

Post by Merlin »

Google may be OK if you just want a presence on the WWW.

If you want an e-commerce site, then you cannot go far wrong with Zen Cart. Which is also free and has a superb users forum.
John GCF
Dermot

Re: Website

Post by Dermot »

Good point John…

I was more thinking about those who just want a web presence….

Google provide the platform and the hosting free…..for website users.

I agree that at present Google may not be the best route for those contemplating have E-Commerce’s on their site……….giving the broad scope of Google applications I would suspect that they have their team in the US or Dublin working away on Google E-commerce’s applications……..and that it wont be long before we see Google in this arena of business…

Google already have a check out shop in some parts of the world……