Leaking Air

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
More So

Leaking Air

Post by More So »

With 6 appliances and a 25l tank our compressor kicks in after approximately 2 hours of inactivity.

Is this acceptable, or should I be hunting for those leaks?
You will never get the last word on a belligerent buffoon
markw

Post by markw »

They can drive you mad. I have one on my underpinner in the bottle that filters out moisture - i fix it - silence - next day theirs a slight hisssss - i cant keep taking the thing apart. will buy a new part - oneday.

I use the pushfit fittings on plastic piping - beware the effects of sunlight on the pipe - especially the semi transparent variety - it goes brittle and will suddenly just go bang. The O rings also start to deteriorate as they age - they need to be checked and replaced if worn.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

That reminds me, I have the same problem, keep meaning to sort it out.

To detect leaks, apply soapy water with a paint brush to each of the joints in turn and watch for any tell-tale bubbles formed by the leaking air.

It is a rule that the leak will always be in the last joint you test, will be in the most awkward location, will require a replacement part that you don't have and is not stocked locally, need a special tool to fit, and will cost £100 (not including the special tool), plus delivery, plus VAT . :(

You have been warned!
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

tank leak

Post by JFeig »

every 2 hours.........
other than what the others have said about checking for leaks, once every 2 hours doesn't sound that bad.

Try removing a single tool for a day. and see how each unit effects the time between cycling of the compressor.

Jerry
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com