Morso Supports

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Morso Supports

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd share this with all you Morso users. 2 Weeks ago I recieved a new set of rebate supports from Morso to 'Road Test' They are specifically designed for deep rebated mouldings, and not as a replacement of your original supports, they dont work on anything less than 33mm deep.

They start off at approx. 35mm and will support (very comfortably) up to a 73mm rebate. They are easier to use than than the original ones, but that maybe because they are brand new and havent got all gunged up as yet, they slide easier, the left had support is closer to the blade than normal, so a lot less (if any) debris left on the underside of the sight edge, and thats on both mitres, not just the left hand one. I have checked with just one supplier (Arqadia) and their deepest rebate is 62mm, so thats one covered.

When I first recieved them, my initial thoughts were that they were too heavy to work, but my initial fears were soon dispelled when put to use.

These will make an excellent addition to any Morso, and save us cutting mouldings upside down, making our own spacers to fill gaps between moulding and support, etc. I am not sure when they are available for launch, but hopefully soon, and I have had quite a few people contacting me already, so the more the merrier and maybe get them launched sooner.

Steven
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre
More So

Post by More So »

I wish that Morso would put a bit of effort into engineering the standard supports before venturing into the more exotic!

Of the two Morsos that I have owned, on one, the supports slanted and were not parallel to the bed of the machine, on the other, small cylindrical protrusions (attaching the support to the slide) dig into the moulding sometimes preventing the head from being moved smoothly forward when taking the next 'bite'.
You will never get the last word on a belligerent buffoon
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Morso Supports

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi,

I totally agree, why not take this up with Morso, I believe that they have
venturing into the more exotic
ventured into the more exotic as you state, because of the influc of deep rebated mouldings onto the market today, and in direct response to demands for such rebate supports.

Steven
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre