Forum Gallery?

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
V-Nail

Forum Gallery?

Post by V-Nail »

I was wondering if it is possible to have a forum Gallery, were by complex frames, mounts/designs and art work can be shown and maybe an explanation of how it was achieved.

As a newbie to the framing world I seem to be down the middle with a typical frame and mount. I'm hoping this may aid the newer framers and give a liitle inspiration on what can be achieved.

Your thought please :P

Cheers
Drew
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Drew,

Have you had a browse through the Hints and Tips section of the forum?
V-Nail

Post by V-Nail »

Hi John,
Yeah I've looked through the Hints & Tips, and I do think this is great. I've seen some illustrations on "how not to do it"... but if you lack the "how to do it" part then it means little!

I was hoping to get the more experienced framers to put a gallery together to show off the imaginative work, and share their thought process. I do understand that some people may not want to share the "How I did this" part!

And maybe that's the reason why we have had no feedback from any of the Forum Members

Thanks John, I will battle on... :lol:

Drew
norymags
Organisation: Picture This Framers
Interests: Photography and Motor-homing.

Post by norymags »

Well you can ask what you want but if you dont specify then where do we start. Do you want to know how to frame for example a football or rugby top or do you want to learn triple mount with a single slip or a space, you decide and I am sure it can be resolved.I have been framing for 10 years and have just about done it all from football caps to Buffy the vampire daggers. There`s a way and if you ask we can explain. [/url][/list][/list][/code][/quote][/u][/i][/b]
V-Nail

Post by V-Nail »

Well being new at this game... I can't really say what I would like to see posted. However as your experience spans over the years would you not have a better idea on what should be posted? A piece of work you’d like to share?

I do like the sound of the triple mount and slip.

I do appreciate your comments norymags.

With little activity on this string... maybe I should leave it alone. But I dare say if it took off.... many of the members would use the ideas that were shared.

Thanks
Drew