Framing football shirt

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
sallyb

Framing football shirt

Post by sallyb »

Hiya,

I'm new to this forum and am hoping i'll get lots of useful info and help from you all. I'm pretty new to framing, i've just set up my new business and have already completed quite a few frames. I've just been asked to do a football shirt for a customer and was wondering if any of you have any helpful hints and tips for me!

:lol:
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Hi SallyB
Welcome to the Forum. A good place to start and please do not be shy in asking the questions. Somebody, Somewhere on this forum has asked that question before.

If you go into 'Search' and type in 'Football Shirts' you will get a full list, as this topic has been discussed on a number of occasions before.

I see you are from the Midlands. LIONS have produced a Shirt Hanger, specifically for this job. Although I admit that I have not used one.
John GCF
Framing Norah

Post by Framing Norah »

Welcome on board SallyB,

Just a quick tip that I wish I had known about long ago.

Cut out a shirt shaped piece of mountboard, but slightly bigger so that it will be a tight fit when inserted inside. Remember to cut away a 'V' shape at the neck so that the board will not be visible. Once you have done this, the rest is fairly straightforward.

Hope that this is of some help to you.
FN
sallyb

Post by sallyb »

Thanks for your advice its come in very useful! I'll definitely be back with more questions soon!

Sally