Chop Service

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
ImagesLen

Chop Service

Post by ImagesLen »

I'm based in the UK and have a need for a chop service supplier. I contacted Lion today and they stated they do not supply this.

Who are good alternative chop service suppliers please
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Arqadia are in Kempston, just outside Bedford, so pretty close to you.

They do chop sevice on aliminium and Larson Juhl mouldings.

Nielsen are probably king of the chop service in UK
markw

Post by markw »

I have been using Chop for almost all framing for the last 7 years - I would recommend Ashworth & Thompson as the best service around - Nielsen running in at second place - they hit a dodgy patch a few years ago - but their service is much improved - I havent used the Arquadia service - but I used to use Larson Juhl when they were indipendent - and the service then was fairly good. Euro do a cross cut service - but I have never seen the point of cross cut so have never used them. I can honestly say that Ashworth & Thompsons chop service is head and shoulders above all the others - they maintain good stock levels - and they deliver on time unless they are realy busy - then they talk to you - They have been my main chop supplier for some years now and I cant think of any occasion when they have let me down. Some important factors with chop that some suppliers seem to forget - 1 stock levels 2. person chopping has to care about quality - not mixing unmatched lengths - checking for warps - wrapping and numbering the chops carefully.