EST LITE

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Martindonside
Organisation: Aberdeen
Interests: Sport

EST LITE

Post by Martindonside »

Evening all, Just returning to the Framing after 6 years and opted for ESTLITE Programme for pricing. Wondering if anyone can help me regarding the standard settings and what prices people have imput into the system, all help appreciated, M
Gesso&Bole
Organisation: Jeremy Anderson Picture Frame Maker
Interests: Framing pictures, testing out the latest gismos, and sharing picture framing knowledge

Re: EST LITE

Post by Gesso&Bole »

Hi Martin, and welcome to the forum

I have been through this process with Estlite recently, and found that the standard prices were lower than I wanted to charge. I did half a dozen test examples in Estlite, then worked out, based on my costs, and overheads, and hourly charge what I thought the total price should be. Based on the 6 examples, I then adjusted the figures in Estlite, and kept adjusting them until Estlite was coming up with the price I wanted. I then had a go at breaking the system, by pricing very big or very small frames. And adjusted a couple of bits here and there. I have been using it for a few weeks, and still tinkering here and there.

I think you will find that once you have got the price level where you want it, then Estlite will do the rest. Happy to talk through where I got to if you give me a call.

Of course if there is anything else you want to know about Estlite, just give John a call
Jeremy (Jim) Anderson
Picture Framer and Framing Industry Educator
https://www.jeremyanderson.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/ja_picture_framer/
markw

Post by markw »

I look at all my cost factors and see how the program prices those elements up - for instance I would enter the size of a full sheet of glass - see how the programme prices that element - Then tweak the figures in the options/prices/glass screen. Remember to look at how the pricing affects the smaller sizes - keep playing with the figures - you will soon see how it all works. Once you have settled on the settings you may feel as you go along that some bits should be tweaked - its easily done - but keep records of where you are before you tweak so that you can go back if necessary.
stephen34
Organisation: Soggy Somerset
Interests: Photography

Post by stephen34 »

For moulding price I enter my actual cost (price + delivery + VAT) as £per metre. Then in the %mark-up column put a value that works. For me, the mark-up ranges from 350% to 500% with the cheapest mouldings being marked up the most.
I like the program a lot. Hope this helps.
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

pretty much the same as Jim we tinkered with various parts until we were hitting the prices we wanted.
We have had estlite several years now, and broke with convention by using it purely for pricing and docket printing, and rather than individual prices for each and every moulding, broke down our mouldings into price "bands" A to G, I think we now have a to M, making 12 price bands.
This allows us to offer a customer a simple "for this price you can have any of these", and gesture to the relevant area on the chevrons board.
It has worked very well for us that way.
Why don't we use individual prices for each moulding? well, simply because we can get more (sell at a higher price than a simple 4x or 5x multiplier) for some cheaper mouldings so it seems like madness to limit the price based on the cost price.

Cost based pricing is safe, perceived value pricing is better.
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Post by Framerpicture »

[quote="kev@frames}Why don't we use individual prices for each moulding? well, simply because we can get more (sell at a higher price than a simple 4x or 5x multiplier) for some cheaper mouldings so it seems like madness to limit the price based on the cost price.

Cost based pricing is safe, perceived value pricing is better.[/quote]

I understand what your saying Kev but I just adjust the individual mark up on frames that look too cheap- Est Lite is the best investment I have made in recent years. Its versatility is such that it can be used in so many different ways as I think has been shown in various posts over the years
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt