Cutting 150mm Arcadia moulding

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Enrique

Cutting 150mm Arcadia moulding

Post by Enrique »

Hi everybody, any tips in order to cut 10.5cm
Honfleur 202 270 Arcadia moulding in a Morso?
It has taken me a huge amount of time changing
all the time the strings behind the Morso to complete
the cuts.
I am thinking a combination with a hand saw might help?
Looking forward for your wise advise.

ps. wishing you the best in the world cup.

Enrique.

[/img]
markw

Post by markw »

If you slacken off the bolt holding the footpedal to the blade - remove the sliding stop on the footpedal - and lift the blade on the very last cuts you might just do it - but I doubt it - widest I have cut is about 120mm. Watch your fingers. Classic case for using chop service.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I've got a Nobex Proman 110 saw and measurement extension from Lion, all mounted onto a long length of wood. I use it for cutting down old antique gesso frames. I also have an old stanley framers vice, because old gesso frames can't be underpinned together either. So far, I have not found anything which the Proman saw can't cope with! Thinks it should do this too!
Cheers,
Mark

P.S. Cutting down old antique frames is a nice little side line, once people get to know you can do it!
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Nobex Proman 110
Pizmo

Post by Pizmo »

Stupid question coming up.........

I have one of these and if you look at the left hand side of the picture there is a black plastic thingy on the metal sticky out poley bit....... what does this do? Mine is sitting quite happily in the box it came in. :oops:

Pizmo
absolute framing
Organisation: Absolute Framing
Interests: Reading the Lion Catalogue

Post by absolute framing »

i had one for cutting skirting and architrave - that plastic "thingy" on the rod was a stop - served no real purpose though :!:
markw

Post by markw »

didnt the saw thingy have some paper thingy in the box - with instructions written on the top. :roll:
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

The black thingy is a stop, but not much use for framing. The Lion measurement extension system may not be cheap, but I got feed-up with thinking I had got it right only to find I'd cut it wrong. I threw away the black thingy and rod and bought the measurement system. Worth every penny!
Cheers,
Mark
Pizmo

Post by Pizmo »

Thanks everyone .... I guess I will leave it where it is then!

I have one of the measurement systems and it works for me.... the only trouble I have is using the mitre trimmer..... it can sometimes take a while trying to get the pieces exactly the same length. I went into Frameco a couple of weeks ago, (very helpful people), and they have a new mitre trimmer measure which is quite clever.... it means you get exactly the same size lengths every time without having to mess around. Unfortunately a bit too big for my living room that is now looking more and more like a workshop. (hubby grumbling about having to eat his dinner off his lap!) Has anyone got one of these as the measuring system that came with the trimmer is pants.

Pizmo
Enrique

Post by Enrique »

Many thanks guys, always a pleasure to hear
your hits or advices.
After what Spain did yesterday I think ideas will
come very easy now.

thank you
Enrique.