Chinese Pot

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
newie31
Organisation: Frames
Interests: Caricature

Chinese Pot

Post by newie31 »

I had a customer come to me recently with a small Chinese pot he wanted framed/mounted. It was only 30mm diameter so I couldn't use a golf ball clip, also, the customer asked if would be possible to mount it so he wasn't just looking at the side view or from directly above. After a bit of head scratching I came up with this......
003.JPG
003.JPG (272.78 KiB) Viewed 2681 times
I used the cove programme to design the box for the mount and cut it out by hand, once it was all taped up I worked out where I wanted the pot to float and punched a small screwdriver through the backing, then poked the end of a single brass picture hook fixing through the slot and taped that in position.
018.JPG
018.JPG (240.28 KiB) Viewed 2681 times
Having already cleared it with the customer, I then applied a tiny blob of silicone to the underside of the pot and sat it on the spiggot.
007.JPG
007.JPG (256.33 KiB) Viewed 2681 times
I had to make the frame deeper so made a 2nd frame for the 1st to sit in and supported the coving with a piece of mountboard with a hole cut in it sandwiched between the two frames.

This is it looking almost straight on.........any thoughts guys, would you have done it differently (the customer loved it)?
009a.JPG
009a.JPG (257.7 KiB) Viewed 2681 times
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: Chinese Pot

Post by JohnMcafee »

Welcome to the forum Newie31, and thank you for sharing these images.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
miralo
Organisation: Míralo
Interests: Framing, Art, Design

Re: Chinese Pot

Post by miralo »

Great work! Thanks for sharing it!
Gustavo Ansaldi
Miralo Enmarcado - Marcos, Cuadros y Espejos
http://miraloenmarcado.blogspot.com.ar