Page 1 of 1

Is this moulding suitable?

Posted: Thu 11 Aug, 2011 1:52 pm
by YPF
Customer has left a valuable print to be framed to match other stuff I have done for him, namely; Lion L989, 80mm mount, Artglass AR UV. Overall glass size will be 830mm x 640mm, do you think L989, given it is fairly narrow, be enough?

Many thanks,

Steve

Re: Is this moulding suitable?

Posted: Thu 11 Aug, 2011 2:40 pm
by Roboframer
It's fine - might not be that wide from the front but it's a nice deep rebate.

Re: Is this moulding suitable?

Posted: Thu 11 Aug, 2011 4:34 pm
by YPF
Thanks for that Robo, I think I just needed a confirmation it would be OK. Now to get it framed and back to the customer soonest given its suspected value.

Steve

Re: Is this moulding suitable?

Posted: Fri 12 Aug, 2011 8:45 am
by YPF
Now the same moulding (L989) will it be up to the job with glass size 990mm x 800mm? Or will I need to provide some extra support?

Many thanks,

Steve

Re: Is this moulding suitable?

Posted: Fri 12 Aug, 2011 5:52 pm
by Roboframer
I'd say that's starting to push it! Seeing as everything else is larger, what's wrong with the same but wider?

I did a shirt about that size today and used this - 35mm rebate and 45mm wide.
545_252_.jpg